If it wasn't Nolan, I wouldn't give it a chance. But it's a great story, and he's a great filmmaker, so I'll give it a chance. At some point. Down the road.
La Dolce Vita might be my favorite movie, ever. Amarcord, La Strada, Nights of Cabiria, Roma, Casanova, 8 1/2...amazing work, Rufus. But yeah, when his swing was off by just a little bit...
Members of the blog can comment. To receive an e-mailed invitation, write to johnandsuzyn@gmail.com. And check spam if it doesn't show up. (Google account required.)
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.
Iliad and Odyssey never make a good movie. Too mythic. And what makes them great are the words. The visuals can never live up to them.
ReplyDeleteIf it wasn't Nolan, I wouldn't give it a chance. But it's a great story, and he's a great filmmaker, so I'll give it a chance. At some point. Down the road.
DeleteSatyricon did ok in the theaters.
DeleteMostly because people didn't want to admit they couldn't understand a Fellini plot.
Like a lot of them, it had no plot.
I used to like describing dinner with the in-laws as a Fellini movie - a lot of absurd unexplained characters that were not even relevant.
Colorful nonetheless.
I always loved Jason and the Argonauts. Harryhausen was great.
Deletehttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j9FOTwu0EEo
ReplyDeleteRufus, you will deny any involvement with that video clip which will self-destruct in 5 seconds.
DeleteFor the record, I have never been in a Turkish prison.
DeleteDamn, I thought you were the American Tourist in Midnight Express.
ReplyDeleteI was an extra in Brad Davis's next movie. He was so cooked up, I felt sorry him.
DeleteBut, at the time I'd wished I knew his supplier.
Fking autocorrect. Coked not cooked! But both would be correct.
DeleteLa Dolce Vita might be my favorite movie, ever. Amarcord, La Strada, Nights of Cabiria, Roma, Casanova, 8 1/2...amazing work, Rufus. But yeah, when his swing was off by just a little bit...
ReplyDeleteTo be fair, 8 1/2 only has a plot because it is about a director that films a movie with no plot.
DeleteKinda like Mel Brooks putting ads for spaceballs merchandise in the movie. Just slightly more low brow. 🤣