Friday, July 31, 2026

Contrast with Boone Culture



4 comments:

  1. I remember hearing about this kind of thing on a Jerry Coleman interview on ESPN radio. Coleman said people would tell him something like "It sure must've been great to play on those great Yankee teams". And Coleman would be like "you mean that death struggle everyday?" He said it was no fun at all.

    I heard that interview multiple times. And every time I heard that, I was like, what the fuck, man? If you wanna have fun, take a trip to the whorehouse. DiMaggio was intense? Well, I like intense. I like guys who win. The ones who make no excuses. The ones who bring home the championships. Sorry if Joe twisted your heart into knots, Jerry, but Joe was right. And every year of our current baleful Yankee situation only pounds home the point further.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Losing certainly ain't no fun. If Joe D. was an anal retentive bastard, I' want a whole damned team full of guys like that. I'd trade any amount of "fun" for just one damned World Series championship.

    ReplyDelete

Members of the blog can comment. To receive an e-mailed invitation, write to johnandsuzyn@gmail.com. And check spam if it doesn't show up. (Google account required.)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.