Friday, September 11, 2026

"I plead the Fifth!"


—"Point of order! Point of order, Mr. Chairman! Those lobster tails were foisted upon me by a very friendly server!"

—I see, Mr. Clarke. So how many did this fair maiden 'foist' upon you first?

—"Um the first foist was only, uh, one. One extra."

—For a total of TWO lobster tails, then. But did you not, in fact, RETURN to the crustacean counter?

—"Uh, well, yes."

—I suppose that charming wench made you do THAT, too?

—"Well, she was very nice..."

—And how many lobster tails did you have THIS time?

—"Um, I ordered...two."

—Two MORE lobster tails! And how many did she FOIST this time?

—"Uh, one. Just one! More."

—I see. So add them up, gentlemen! That is FIVE lobster tails in all! Five! And three of them even before the foisting! Have you NO decency, sir? At long last, have you NO sense of decency at all?

—"Uh, no. But, you know, they were free."

—And did you dip these foisted crustaceans into melted butter?

—"...i did..."

—And we have not even turned to the steak! How many pieces of THAT did you have?

—"Only two. They were very small. As were the lobster tails. Tiny, tiny little tails. Like those on a kitten."

—I see. And now may I turn your attention to the Candy Wall—

—(sobbing) "Oh, not that! Please don't go into the Candy Wall! I plead the Fifth! I plead anything! Just don't tell them!"


The real highlight, of course, was being so close to the action. (I swear!). McMahon is really a wizard with the glove. I was determined to get him fielding a hotshot, but of course, could barely get my phone up before the ball was in his mitt or past him. I have a newfound respect for sports photographers, as these shots might indicate. 

Meanwhile, L'Shana Tovah to those who celebrate, and may we never see another 9/11.

















4 comments:

  1. Funny Hoss.....but alas - - -

    NO PHOTOGRAPHS OF THE LOBSTER TAILS !!!!!! ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Italian sausage? I'd rather have that than lobster tails. You can't get it here. Sob.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my. The lobster tails were so tiny! Sniff, sniff.

    Really, Hoss. We are ALL jealous, even the ones that claim to be offended.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Well I used to be disgusted
    But now I try to be amused
    But since my wings they got rusted
    You know the angels wanna wear my red shoes..."

    ReplyDelete

Members of the blog can comment. To receive an e-mailed invitation, write to johnandsuzyn@gmail.com. And check spam if it doesn't show up. (Google account required.)