Tuesday, October 6, 2026

A Big Thank You to Our 2026 New York Yankees!

I mean it. Thank you! 

To tell all of you the truth... I appreciate the way the Yankees are playing.They are doing us  a huge favor. 

Two reasons leap to mind... 

Number one.  

All year when people ask me about the Yankees I say they are a bad team that is not good at baseball. 

To this they reply, "But they have the second best record in the AL. They are a playoff lock. Another winning season.  Etc."

It's hard to refute. Especially when they blow-out the Red Sox in the first round. 

BTW they really need to stop with the champaign celebrations after every step up.

My kids both graduated grade school and I didn't reward them with a trip to Disneyland.They had cake.

Celebrate when you win the pennant or, if you want to be like the Knicks, when the real job is done and you win it all!  

Yesterday they demonstrated what I've been saying all along. THEY ARE NOT GOOD AT BASEBALL. The team is filled with guys from bad organizations that don't know how to win. They are poorly constructed and poorly run. 

McMahon and Donaldson etc. instead of Machado! It was the same money! 

Almost forgot, poorly managed. Boone is a horrible manager. 

Last night the Yankees showed their true colors for all the world to see. They are in fact a bad baseball team and are not good at baseball. 

Thank you! 

Number Two. I love baseball and I love watching the Yankees. Always have. From the looks of things there might not be any baseball next year thanks to a greed induced lockout. 

Normally, and especially if the Yankees were a team worth watching or G-d forbid the World Champions. the thought of no baseball in the Spring would make me sad. 

But, they are so, so bad from the Front Office to the back-up catcher that I will not miss them. I will fill the time with something that sparks joy. 

So... Thank You 

Thank you for being he worst playoff team I've ever seen. 

Last night  Jazz had me wondering if they should have started Volpe. Volpe! 

Wells makes me miss Gary Sanchez. Gary Sanchez! 

I need to stop. 

So again, and for the last time... 

Thank You 2026 New York Yankees!  

A nice one year owner initiated, money grubbing, self own sabbatical sounds perfect right about now. 

Rays in three!

11 comments:

  1. Thank the five boobs: Cheapskate and Clueless Hal, Genius Cashman, Fat Slob Randy Levine, Looney Lon Tross and Manager BaBoone for the same nonsense Yankees fans are subjected to. Thanks morons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet the Kraken never got thrown out trying for a triple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He would have had to run all the way to first base, first - which as we all remember didn’t frequently happen

      Delete
  3. So well stated. I feel the same. Were I the manager, Jazz would have been lifted from the game after he tblindly hrew away that ball from second base. He has been a liability all season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very true, Doug. And Alphonso, I called for exactly that last night: claim Jazz was hurt and pull him.

    Yes, Volpe should have been starting last night: at second base.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sincerely second Doug's hope—and more.

    It's not just the team that's rotten (though it is). It is the whole sport. It's played worse now than it ever has been, and it is way, way too expensive.

    I truly hope they blow it all up. Someone will start playing something again. There are too many taxpayer-subsidized stadiums sitting empty in too many cities.

    I'm sure there is some clause, somewhere in all those contracts handing over our money that specifies the owners have to at least provide teams and games.

    When they don't, for long enough, we should demand that they be seized and handed over to a reasonable ownership group—highest bidder accepted. Then we should list demands for just kind of baseball will be played.

    That is, real baseball.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish they were playing tonight. Better to get it over with. Maybe they’ll fire boone, but I doubt it.


    ReplyDelete
  7. The other day, Gary Sanchez, batting for the Mill-Walk-Key Brew Crew in the 9th inning, runners 1st & 2nd, two outs, down by a run, worked a base on balls in a pretty huge at-bat. Then the next guy got a two RBI bingle, I think it was a single (I was only scoreboard watching), and two runners scored. The Brew Crew walked off Mason Miller & the Friars. So congrats to Gary Sanchez!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The New York Football Giants are 3-1, in first place. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everyone just chill out. We all will be very, very thankful when this series is over. We dodged a humongous, ginormous, insane-level humiliation by getting put down in this divisional series. 2024 World Series would have seemed like small potatoes if we made it to the 2026 World Series, where we lose to the Brew Crew by the combined score of 126-1 in a four game sweep. It would have been the worst beat down ever imagined, the most non-competitive World Series in history.

    Let us pray: we thank Thee, Lord God, for Thy mercy in ending this pitiful season without enduring the greatest humiliation in baseball history. Lord, Thy ways are mysterious, and no one can claim to understand them, but we all know that another World Series humiliation where the Yankees lost in four games, by a combined score of 126-1, would have been unforgivable. Hallowed be Thy name, and let Thy Will be done. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "McMahon and Donaldson etc. instead of Machado! It was the same money!"

    I did not know that. I mean it tracks, but ...

    ReplyDelete

Members of the blog can comment. To receive an e-mailed invitation, write to johnandsuzyn@gmail.com. And check spam if it doesn't show up. (Google account required.)