Why is Schuemann leading off? Waldman says he is 5 for 42 lifetime as a leadoff man. That's under .125. I presume that's all in the minors. He did have a long at bat in the 1st, but still. Less than .125 hitter as a lead off man.
White Sox are a team that is on the come. They've made tremendous progress. Their record is not far behind the Yankees. You could argue that they're a better team.
Yankees are just a bad team. When you see this kind of crap play, trading for a catcher and 3B aren't going to make much difference. They need a CF, LF, SS, 3B, 2B, C. That's basically a whole new team.
I guess you can play Spencer Jones in CF, Grisham in LF. Bring up George Lombard Jr. to play SS and trade for a 3B, C. Hope Judge & Bellinger get back with two weeks left in the season. These are long odds for reaching the playoffs, let alone surviving the playoff rounds to make it to the World Series, let alone winning the World Series. And as we saw in 2024, if you're going to go the World Series and play like shit, completely non-competitive, it's better not to get there. You don't want to be remembered for being the Keystone Cops of baseball.
Volpe made out, but at least made a productive out, got a run in. WTF is this with the White Sox, one measly run scored and they're going to the bullpen? Is this Game 7 of the freakin' World Series?
Jones gets the run in. I like Jones. Maybe he'll never be more than a 4th outfielder, but I'd like to give him some playing time. At least he's fairly young, has speed, brings the glove. All already giving him an edge over Grisham.
Once they did the qualifying offer and Grisham accepted, I wouldn't have kept Bellinger. He's played pretty good D this year, but that's a guy with injury concerns. He had his career fall off a cliff and somehow clawed his way back. You gotta think that sooner or later, he'll fall off another cliff. The offense has been spotty.
Members of the blog can comment. To receive an e-mailed invitation, write to johnandsuzyn@gmail.com. And check spam if it doesn't show up. (Google account required.)
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.
I loved seeing that imbecilic mug every day.
ReplyDeleteAnother top notch lineup tonight. Schuermann leading off and the strikeout prone Rice right after
ReplyDeleteWhat could go wrong?
Another top notch lineup tonight. Schuermann leading off and the strikeout prone Rice right after
ReplyDeleteWhat could go wrong?
I’m stuttering here
DeleteAwful D
ReplyDeleteWhy is Schuemann leading off? Waldman says he is 5 for 42 lifetime as a leadoff man. That's under .125. I presume that's all in the minors. He did have a long at bat in the 1st, but still. Less than .125 hitter as a lead off man.
ReplyDeleteWhy is he even on this team.?
DeleteSo far, looks like we're picking up where we left off in Philly.
ReplyDeleteIsn't Murakami the Japanese third baseman who the Yankees could've easily signed?
ReplyDeleteWhite Sox are a team that is on the come. They've made tremendous progress. Their record is not far behind the Yankees. You could argue that they're a better team.
ReplyDeleteYankees are just a bad team. When you see this kind of crap play, trading for a catcher and 3B aren't going to make much difference. They need a CF, LF, SS, 3B, 2B, C. That's basically a whole new team.
ReplyDeleteI guess you can play Spencer Jones in CF, Grisham in LF. Bring up George Lombard Jr. to play SS and trade for a 3B, C. Hope Judge & Bellinger get back with two weeks left in the season. These are long odds for reaching the playoffs, let alone surviving the playoff rounds to make it to the World Series, let alone winning the World Series. And as we saw in 2024, if you're going to go the World Series and play like shit, completely non-competitive, it's better not to get there. You don't want to be remembered for being the Keystone Cops of baseball.
ReplyDeletehOg - I can not believe that you left out the need for a new manager, hitting coach, pitching coach, general manager and principle owner.....
DeleteWell, that goes without sayin'!
DeleteI actually only typed it.
DeleteI swear
I sit corrected!
DeleteAmazing, Battlin' Bronx Bastards actually got a hit with a man in scoring position. Of course, the runner only made it to third.
ReplyDeleteBases loaded, nobody out. Usually the kiss of death for the Yankees.
ReplyDeleteVolpe made out, but at least made a productive out, got a run in. WTF is this with the White Sox, one measly run scored and they're going to the bullpen? Is this Game 7 of the freakin' World Series?
ReplyDeleteJism with a big hit!
ReplyDeleteJizz is Chasmatic! I don't even know what that means!
ReplyDeleteUnusually productive inning.
ReplyDeleteJones gets the run in. I like Jones. Maybe he'll never be more than a 4th outfielder, but I'd like to give him some playing time. At least he's fairly young, has speed, brings the glove. All already giving him an edge over Grisham.
ReplyDeleteBellinger is out 4 to 6 weeks…I’m sure that Jones will get reps…
ReplyDeleteOnce they did the qualifying offer and Grisham accepted, I wouldn't have kept Bellinger. He's played pretty good D this year, but that's a guy with injury concerns. He had his career fall off a cliff and somehow clawed his way back. You gotta think that sooner or later, he'll fall off another cliff. The offense has been spotty.
ReplyDelete