Saturday, August 15, 2026

Holy Christ on a bike, this team sucks

I can't watch game replays, I can't watch MLB.com condensed games, I avoid the MLB channel's Quick Pitch show, but I still sometimes watch. I just have to turn the channel when the Yankee game rolls around.

Heliot...Helium...Harriet...whatever his name is, is terrible. The Martian is a better option. 

Garcia is okay. Everyone makes an error now and then. And he hits at least as well as Goldie, maybe better. I'm too dispirited to look.

What the fuck is wrong with Ben Rice? Jesus. So much for the MVP.

Grisham is still batting first. He shouldn't be batting at all, these occasional spurts of home runs are not good enough. And he's too slow. Boone is an idiot.

Jazz sucks. 

This team sucks. Aside from the pitching, which has been fantastic. But if a starter can't give up even a single run to avoid a loss, what good is it?

I honestly don't know how the position players go out every day and humiliate themselves like this. 

The Lombard effect wore off awfully damn fast.

9 comments:

  1. The Bard of Lom faded into the glom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wonder what James Rowson or whateverhis name is “teaches” the hitters. They look ok when they get here and then slowly drift out with the tide until out of sight of land. Didnt i read here the Yankees have 3 hitting coaches?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve been screaming about the “coaching” for years.

      Delete
    2. Dring the St Louis series about 10 days ago, one of the Cardinals announcers declared to the other announcer: " It looks like the Yankees left-handed hitters are going for 'lift and separation'. They are trying to hit the ball into the upper deck. A good pitcher can expoit that weekness." That says it all, doesn't it? Everyone can see what's going on except the Yankees coaches. And then you have yes man "Pumpkin Head" Michael Kay claim on his radio show that the fans shouldn't second-guess the front office and coaching staff on players because they don't see them close up every day. The Yankees staff knows much more than the unqualified and casual fan.
      Apparently, everyone knows BUT the Yankees staff.

      Delete
  3. Keefe's post last night. Pretty damning stuff.

    These are games the Yankees have lost since the All-Star break:

    6 IP, 1 ER
    5 IP, 1 ER
    7 IP, 1 ER
    5.1 IP, 1 ER
    7 IP, 0 ER
    6.1 IP, 1 ER
    7 IP, 3 ER
    6 IP, 2 ER

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is damning. Those are the kind of games that good teams just cannot and don’t lose.

      Delete
  4. "Heliot...Helium...Harriet...whatever his name is, is terrible. The Martian is a better option."

    Yeah, this. Grass is always greener on the other side, eh? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Heliot....he's got a very sunny personality.

      Delete
  5. Lombard is a revelation, but he's still only one player. And this is a team game. Plus, Dumbass Boone batting him #5 the other day. Gotta wonder if Boone is 60 years old or 6 years old. The management on this team is the worst I've ever seen, and then some.

    I thought they wouldn't be able to ruin Jasson Dominguez. Should we ponder how they'll ruin Lombard? A very disturbing thought.

    ReplyDelete

Members of the blog can comment. To receive an e-mailed invitation, write to johnandsuzyn@gmail.com. And check spam if it doesn't show up. (Google account required.)

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.