It seems like the Yankees always lose when it rains (or play Boston). So, as a meteorologist, I went back and checked the weather during each game this season. If it rained anywhere from a half-hour before first pitch until four hours afterward, I counted it as a rainy day. I excluded the Metrodome and Rogers Centre when the roof was closed.
NO RAIN 26-14 RAIN 5-10 !!
That's right... a .333 winning percentage when it rains!
Same losing percentages in the rain home and away: AWAY 3-6, HOME 2-4
And to make sure this isn't biased against the awful start to the season, here's their rain record before and after A-Roid returned: PRE-A-ROID 3-4, POST-A-ROID 2-6
Sounds like Yankees brass needs to spend some money on a weather modification machine...
Members of the blog can comment. To receive an e-mailed invitation, write to johnandsuzyn@gmail.com. And check spam if it doesn't show up. (Google account required.)
This needs to be known...
ReplyDeleteIt seems like the Yankees always lose when it rains (or play Boston). So, as a meteorologist, I went back and checked the weather during each game this season. If it rained anywhere from a half-hour before first pitch until four hours afterward, I counted it as a rainy day. I excluded the Metrodome and Rogers Centre when the roof was closed.
NO RAIN 26-14
RAIN 5-10 !!
That's right... a .333 winning percentage when it rains!
Same losing percentages in the rain home and away:
AWAY 3-6, HOME 2-4
And to make sure this isn't biased against the awful start to the season, here's their rain record before and after A-Roid returned:
PRE-A-ROID 3-4, POST-A-ROID 2-6
Sounds like Yankees brass needs to spend some money on a weather modification machine...
No way thats real.
ReplyDelete