Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Is it his end ? My blogging friends, BØØNE'S end ? (Uhm – Game Three – ALDS)


 

 

204 comments:

1 – 200 of 204   Newer›   Newest»
13bit said...

yes, we have no bananas. we have no bananas todaaaaaayyy...

please take this horse out behind the barn and put it out of its misery...

AboveAverage said...

To which horse are you referring, Mr Bit ?

HoraceClarke66 said...

So Rice is out of the leadoff spot and Jazz is on the bench (Yay)

But...Grisham is now batting leadoff and Volpe is in (Awww)

HoraceClarke66 said...

Apparently, did not tell Jazz he was out of the lineup. Hey, Jazz annoys me, too, but this seems like Managing (or Being Human) 101.

Have some balls, Boone.

AboveAverage said...

Boone?
Balls ?
Why isn’t Goldy on First ?

HoraceClarke66 said...

I know. I'm sure he feels that he (or Cashman) made great changes, but Goldschmidt should be on first and Jones should be in center. Ridiculous.

Doug K. said...

nice DP

HoraceClarke66 said...

Caballero looks like he's out of his mind. But hey, nice play!

HoraceClarke66 said...

All right, good first.

The WinWarblist said...

Well turned double play. They looked like major leaguers for one play.

Hinkey Haines said...

The 2026 NY Yankees: error-free for 1 inning.

AboveAverage said...

Indeed!

Where did you hear that Jazz wasn’t told, Hoss?

The WinWarblist said...

Grisham is the worst leadoff hitter in all of baseball.

Rufus T. Firefly said...

Second million selling record, after Caruso's I, pagliacci

AboveAverage said...

He may Bunt one into the bleachers. Let’s see if if the offense takes a pitch or two

Rufus T. Firefly said...

I still hate the gay Caballero.

This evening's lineup brought to you by ANALytics.

AboveAverage said...

Or pop out to first on the third pitch

HoraceClarke66 said...

I don't want to see Grisham in a Yankees uniform ever again.

HoraceClarke66 said...

They said that on the pre-game, AA.

AboveAverage said...

Garcia 🤬

HoraceClarke66 said...

No new approach. Everybody still looks like they're taking batting practice. Ridiculous.

AboveAverage said...

Missed that….
Sheeesh

HoraceClarke66 said...

Here is the Boone quote on Grisham leading off:

'Just th potential of the on base there, and trying to get some traffic created for Benny, Garcia, and Belli. When Trent is at his best, he's got that ability to get on."

HoraceClarke66 said...

Trent Grisham, lifetime regular-season OBP: .319

Trent Grisham, lifetime playoffs OBP: .275

Apparently, Trent has never been at his best.

AboveAverage said...

First pitch out BELLINGER

The WinWarblist said...

I need hot stuff.

https://youtu.be/KhcaPNuaJNU?is=KdFEse8VpbKggV9c

BTR999 said...

I guess they want it to end too…

HoraceClarke66 said...

Hey, Garcia has learned to move off the bag on an errant throw!

HoraceClarke66 said...

Have you noticed that every single player on TB does his best to run up the count? No player on the New York Yankees does that.

Pocono Steve said...

That's game

HoraceClarke66 said...

Fuck.

Hinkey Haines said...

See ya next year. I mean, 2028.

BTR999 said...

Caballero’s inability to put some mustard on his throw to first led to the tun.
Then, Some bad baserunning by TB

The WinWarblist said...

They executed that run down correctly.

BTR999 said...

RISP

13bit said...

One hit in three innings is not a great recipe for winning playoff baseball.

BTR999 said...

Way to go Grisham!

HoraceClarke66 said...

Oh, Trent.

HoraceClarke66 said...

RICE!

BTR999 said...

Rice picks him up

HoraceClarke66 said...

Actually, it was really stupid of TB to pitch to him. First time I've seen them do something stupid.

HoraceClarke66 said...

Just when Fried seems to be really dealing, too.

Ken of Brooklyn said...

I’ve got a bad feeling,,,, need to answer w some support

ranger_lp said...

Rally Killer…

HoraceClarke66 said...

Just as I was trying to write, "I can't believe they don't have Wells move him over"...he hits into the DP.

That is simply stunning. A .186 hitter, and the Yankees still refuse to put on a play. It is the entire stupidity of analytics in a nutshell.

Hinkey Haines said...

Austin Wells - back to his old tricks.

Ken of Brooklyn said...

Thanks Wellsie

ranger_lp said...

That’s one way to get him out of the game…

HoraceClarke66 said...

We might easily have men on first and third with one out just now. Unbelievable.

BTR999 said...

You beat me to it, Hoss…

Pocono Steve said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pocono Steve said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ken of Brooklyn said...

JONES!

HoraceClarke66 said...

SPENCER!

Hinkey Haines said...

SPENCER JONES!

The WinWarblist said...

https://youtu.be/KlUsYvHDuDM?is=GqSkcVvOIxnfdYV0

HoraceClarke66 said...

But hey, we could be ahead, if Wells had jus struck out as usual.

BTR999 said...

Jones been hitting LHP better than RHP all year

HoraceClarke66 said...

Oh, Caballero. Still, tied again!

BTR999 said...

Caballero not so much…

HoraceClarke66 said...

Okay, we're back to hitting nothing.

Doctor T said...

Gotta love the way Grisham works that count. Genius move, batting him first.

ranger_lp said...

Rays tried to return the favor trying to hit Fried

ranger_lp said...

Not good…

Ken of Brooklyn said...

Rut Roh!!!!

Hinkey Haines said...

Ugh.

HoraceClarke66 said...

Good grief. Nice outing, Max.

13bit said...

But hey guys, look at it this way. We’re playing October baseball! Hal wins again.

AboveAverage said...

When it is announced that Boone is leaving the team it will be framed as a decision based on health concerns. He will not be fired. You heard it here, uh…like you know….. FIRST

Hinkey Haines said...

October baseball - the Ankee way.

The WinWarblist said...

No lead is safe from The Imbecile trying to get a few more outs out of a spent pitcher.

HoraceClarke66 said...

What lead?

HoraceClarke66 said...

He should've pinch-hit for Wells.

HoraceClarke66 said...

Fried had only thrown, what, 75 pitches.

Lifetime, he is 3-6 with a 5.03 ERA in the postseason, going into this game. And we have him for the next 6 years, at $31.5 mill per.

HoraceClarke66 said...

That's comin' back.

Ken of Brooklyn said...

WHAT WHAT WHAAAAT!!! Volpe!!!

AboveAverage said...

Excuse me - did that just happen ?


ranger_lp said...

TONY!!!

13bit said...

Do we now get 5 more years of Volpe?

AboveAverage said...

I hate the fans ?

AboveAverage said...

I hate the fans ?

Hinkey Haines said...

Maybe…

The WinWarblist said...

That is spectator interference.

Pocono Steve said...

Doesn't look like a HR to me

ranger_lp said...

Looks like double….

HoraceClarke66 said...

What a fucking idiot fan. That was a sure double without him reaching out, and a run.

Ken of Brooklyn said...

Damn it!

ranger_lp said...

Right call…

HoraceClarke66 said...

All right—got the run at least. And yes, it was the right call.

Joe of AZ now in WA said...

There's no fuckin way that's interference the ball landed in the mans gut 😒

Pocono Steve said...

Nice AB by Jones there

Hinkey Haines said...

Where’s Richie Garcia when you need him?

The WinWarblist said...

Another Jeffrey Maier incident, but overturned by replay.

HoraceClarke66 said...

Though with two out, why wasn't Lombard running full out? Never mind, we got one.

HoraceClarke66 said...

Awful at-bat by Spencer. But still alive, at least.

The WinWarblist said...

They did a good job of showing how far Lombard was around the bases when the ball landed.

Rufus T. Firefly said...

Nope

HoraceClarke66 said...

Jazz coming up. I spoke too soon about pinch-hitters.

ranger_lp said...

He really distinguished himself…

HoraceClarke66 said...

Great at-bat, Jazz. See you never.

Hinkey Haines said...

Yeah ,can’t believe they’d platoon him.

HoraceClarke66 said...

And Grisham right to the end. Yeah, that makes sense. What an awful lineup.

Pocono Steve said...

Grisham's such an asshole

ranger_lp said...

What a waste of 20 plus million…

Hinkey Haines said...

Look at the bright side: those may have been the last ABs by Chisholm & Grisham in pinstripes.

HoraceClarke66 said...

I think someone needs to start a major investigation into whether Boston purposely threw those two games last week. This Yankees team scored 9 runs two games in a row, on the up and up? Right.

HoraceClarke66 said...

Another terrible at-bat.

Doug K. said...

This is perfect. Boone putting Volpe at third is exactly the way this team needs to finish this year.

Doug K. said...

Boone is so much worse than we say he is. We don't even come close .

HoraceClarke66 said...

Do NOT pitch to this guy!

13bit said...

These guys are such a fucking drag. I'm grateful to all you guys here, but this organization makes it hard to be a fan sometimes.

Doug K. said...

All that's missing is Stanton striking out to end the game.

HoraceClarke66 said...

Lucked out there.

ranger_lp said...

https://x.com/j1mcunn1ngham/status/2107994273853427812?s=46&t=xakCsa-eOn5B-j0U_gWfOw

13bit said...

ugh

BTR999 said...

There’s still time

HoraceClarke66 said...

Well THAT was a break. And we have no pinch runners, I assume?

BTR999 said...

Let’s hope so

HoraceClarke66 said...

The ultimate, stupid, first-pitch swing, off a guy he nearly took deep last time. Imbecilic.

13bit said...

god have mercy

BTR999 said...

Here comes Stanton

Doug K. said...

Stanton! Are they fucking kidding me.

ranger_lp said...

FFS…

Hinkey Haines said...

Saving them for extra innings.

BTR999 said...

Magic Baseball 8-ball says slow grounder ro third

HoraceClarke66 said...

Glad we didn't save Jazz to pinch-run that one and maybe get to second! Good Lord, WE can actually out-manage Aaron Boone...

HoraceClarke66 said...

The only thing to be said for pinch-hitting Stanton here is that they took Booser out of the game. I don't think any Yankees could hit him well tonight.

13bit said...

We deserve to lose.

Pocono Steve said...

Good pitch to swing at there.

BTR999 said...

Beyond pathetic. 2 feet out of the zone

AboveAverage said...

Bless ME Father for they have sinned





Doug K. said...

This is a master clinic. They should teach this game at universities.

ranger_lp said...

Color Me surprised…

Hinkey Haines said...

Gee, didn’t see that coming.

13bit said...

Stanton, doesn't he have something like a .250 BA? Not a lot more than Miguel Cairo. And all he does is swing for the fences. And, oh yeah, by the way, he hasn't played all year and has no timing to speak of. And one more thing - does he give a shit about anything anymore? Fuck this shit. There's a Blondie song from way back called "No Imagination." That's Boone and Brain.

AboveAverage said...

I may throw up into Cashman’s underwear

13bit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
13bit said...

We had good pitching this year, but bad fielding and bad hitting. Can't win like that.

Hinkey Haines said...

If you have access to Brian Cashman’s underwear why haven’t you poisoned him by now? For shame.

AboveAverage said...

I’m gunna use Tide

HoraceClarke66 said...

Yeah, as I may have made clear, I don't like Giancarlo Stanton. I think he was a juiced up fraud to begin with, and I think his presence has been a huge detriment to the Yankees, soaking up money that could have been used to get guys who could stay on the field and contribute.

I don't like his approach to the game, either. And there he was, biggest situation of the year, swinging at the first pitch—swinging at everything—against a pitcher he had never seen before.

BUT...

AboveAverage said...

Sadness reigns supreme

ranger_lp said...

No Time Like October to lose…

13bit said...

Would love to shrink down Boone to the size of the Ty-Dee-Bowl man and let him live in a tiny rowboat in some public toilet for the rest of his days.

HoraceClarke66 said...

...BUT. To put a guy up there, anybody up there, with the season on the line, when he has had one at-bat since April?

This team has got to stop smoking its own product.

BernBabyBern said...

Remind me again why Grisham played at all tonight, and batting leadoff no less?

Trick question, we all know the answer. Boone’s a fucking idiot.

AboveAverage said...

Fully Agry

HoraceClarke66 said...

And now...Jazz Chisholm will make the last out of the 2026 season. How appropriate. I predict swinging strikeout.

13bit said...

Yes, Hoss. Ultimately, it's not Stanton's fault. He's just being himself. Morons pulled the strings.

ranger_lp said...

But analytically…

AboveAverage said...

Ignorance



BTR999 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AboveAverage said...

Why not a ground out to second

BTR999 said...

This team no can do.

BTR999 said...

✅✅✅

AboveAverage said...

Puke

13bit said...

bye bye, Tony...

AboveAverage said...

Ugh

BTR999 said...

Fastball down the middle. Couldn’t even foul it off

13bit said...

Hoss, it could also be a GIDP instead of a swinging strike.

BernBabyBern said...

This is Boone, who sent up Jose Trevino as a pinch-hitter and Nestor Cortes as a reliever in major post-season spots.

And they worked out just as well as Stanton did.

BernBabyBern said...

Would be nice for Spencer to do something here …

Hinkey Haines said...

Swinging for the fences, of course.

HoraceClarke66 said...

True!

BernBabyBern said...

Oh, Jazz, Jazz, Jazz ….

HoraceClarke66 said...

Incidentally, I loved seeing Jazz nonchalant that throw last inning. He learns nothing.

ranger_lp said...

So Grisham makes the last out…

BTR999 said...

caught stealing incoming?

HoraceClarke66 said...

Now, Jazz stands at the plate, contemplatively squeezing his crotch. Sigh.

13bit said...

Even more appropriate for it to end with Trent at bat.

HoraceClarke66 said...

Bitty, you were SO close! I wonder if Aranda has bet heavily that he makes two errors.

BernBabyBern said...

Oh, Jesus, it’s Grisham.

Carl J. Weitz said...

With an apology to Frank Sinatra:

" Start preading your cheeks
We've lost again today
I can no longer be a part of it
A NY Tankees fan

My Yankees logo-ed shoes
Tampa pissed on them I say
And now to wit
We're all out of it

I have to throw up over a team that always chokes
The catcher is worse than our early 90s backstop Matt Nokes
And find your king of the fools
face down in your pool....."

BTR999 said...

Quite appropriate, no?

HoraceClarke66 said...

SWING this time, Trent! Uh, wait a minute...

ranger_lp said...

It’s over…

13bit said...

I love you all. I'm not going away. I'll be here all winter, god willing. And you know what? NEXT TIME IT'LL BE DIFFERENT. Let's just run it out there again!!!!!

The WinWarblist said...

I love when they celebrate on our infield. After sweeping us.

HoraceClarke66 said...

Awful. Beyond awful.

HoraceClarke66 said...

First three-game sweep since 1980.

BTR999 said...

It could be June before we see this team again.

13bit said...

Thus begins the long winter of our discontent...

off to bed, my compatriots.

xoxox

Hinkey Haines said...

Perfect. Just perfect. Well done, Brian. Well fucking done.

13bit said...

Oh my god. I did not realize that. wow. that says it all.

ranger_lp said...

It’s all up to Hal. If he’s satisfied, more of the same…

BernBabyBern said...

And a guy who never should have left the bench all series ends the season by swinging at a pitch a foot out of the strike zone. What the fuck.

Why the fuck was he batting leading? Jones should have been batting lead off, Helios playing instead of Grisham, who has been worthless.

Fuck Boone and his fucked up lineups.

Scottish Yankee fan said...

Sorry it's over
Sorry for you my friends you don't have the team you deserve and nobody in front office cares

Thanks for giving me a lot of fun during the season always a pleasure reading your thoughts on here

Hinkey Haines said...

Burn it all down.

BTR999 said...

Thanks Scotty, right back at you

AboveAverage said...

Please let Boone go

BTR999 said...

Well, we all knew this was coming, way back in March. And here it is. Nothing to look forward to but an incipient Constitutional crisis and then a knock down, drag out brawl between millionaires and billionaires.

God help us.
Goodnight everyone.

Carl J. Weitz said...

THis just in...."Yankee owner Hal Steinbrenner excses management for not going tho the ALCS because of unfortunate injuries. Re-signs both Vashman and Boone for another 5 years." In an unrelated move, Mr. Steinbrenner buys Jeff Bezos's yacht for 650 million dollars.

Doug K. said...

Fellow inmates... it is time we busted out of this asylum. I'm done with this team. (Unless they hire Mattingly. Then I'm back! Just sayin')

Hinkey Haines said...

Well, running it back apparently really means running it back.

ranger_lp said...

Hal is never going to be angry enough to fix this…

edb said...

Clueless Hal and Genius Cashman will bring in another ass kissing moron.

HoraceClarke66 said...

I'm sure Hal is far from angry. I'm sure that Cashman and Boone will be back.

I'm not sure that the awful corporate entity known as MLB will be back, and if it is not, that will be a very good thing.

I'll be back, though, and so will all of you—I hope! You are the only bright lights in an otherwise abysmal season.

BernBabyBern said...

Boone said they “had some good at-bats” at the presser.

Because of course he did.

Hinkey Haines said...

They’re savages!

JM said...

What a revoltin' development.

Giants 3-1 vs Washington 1-3, Sunday 1 p.m. Check your local listings.

Strange things can happen when you hire a competent head coach. Or manager. Or General Manager.

«Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 204   Newer› Newest»