Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Yankeetorial: I want to clarify my past remarks that we Yankee fans should be submissive to our men

In a 2006 interview with the Yankee Street Journal, I argued: "The Yankee lord sayeth, 'Be submissive.' In other words, Mr. Fan, you must be willing to get down on your knees and submit full cheer to your favorite pinstriped vessel of meat and fruit. Every game. Every at bat. Every hard, nasty and cheese-filled pitch."

Well, I guess that's now put everybody into a leather party tizzy!

Asked about my comment Sunday by CBS News' Norah O'Donnell, I noted that, "Submission means respect, mutual respect, between the fan and Yankee man player."

Well, this only further encouraged the pro-Soros/Marx media to sharpen its talons and press the "Star Fleet Death Planet Attack" button on its I-Worship-Dustin Pedroia console. For the record, once and for all:

I respect my Yankee men. They, in turn, respect me. I have been a submissive fan for 50 years. We have a great relationship. We're partners. For example, I don't discuss Jeet's private life, and he doesn't talk about mine. Respecting each other, listening to each other, submitting to each other's private needs, that's what the whole man-fan shebang is all about!   

Perhaps our problem is with that ugly word "submission." The lamestreamers want it to be all about who's on top when we're writhing on the floor, in the act of bringing primal submission. Well, I'm not biting that jail-baited hook. I view "submission" to be the match-ending hold Killer Kowalski used on his foes. Once Killer wrapped his arms around the neck of Bruno Sanmartino, the man was done, I mean, submission. That's how I roll. Once I wrap up my opponent, little Dustin Pedroia turns into a pettite cut of angus steak. That's submission.

Of course, O'Donnell rejected that simple premise. She asked: "Do you think submissive means subservient?" 

Hell, no, Girlie Pants! To me, submission means respect. Jeet and I respect each other. We listen to each other. We love each other, in the cheering domain. And damnit, if one more Couric flashes her teeth in my headlights, I will show her a submission hold that made tears roll down Gorilla Monsoon's black pantalooneyed hams. Then we'll see who is subservient!

Submission is comission, not omission! Submission Accomplished.

No comments: