Monday, February 12, 2018

You'll Like Prediction #8


While trying to avoid making some required updates to a compliance manual for a client in the insurance industry, I ran across an article in "TimeOut.com" which is an online magazine -- I think.  Time Out's feature articles right now include pieces on "Drinking in London", "Dating in Shanghai", "Feminist Songs", and "Los Angeles Comedians."  

I'm always a big fan of irony so, given those choices, I went straight to "Feminist Songs".  I'm glad I did.  I had been looking for the definitive source for rocking out to the “Transgender Dysphoria Blues” by "Against Me!" and it looks like I've finally found it.
Transgender Dysphoria Blues - Against Me!
Anyway, in the Miami edition of Time Out, there's an article in which the author makes "Eight Miami predictions for 2018".  You'll love #8:

8. Derek Jeter will trade the remaining Miami Marlins for seven baby goats and shout “Gotcha!” before jumping on a helicopter back to Yankee Stadium, where he will high five Hal and Hank Steinbrenner. He played us like a damn fiddle.
Seems you never know where you'll find your next pearl.

4 comments:

Barbara Ganouche said...

Your punctuation is weak. Get an AP style guide, you barbarian.

Wezil1 said...

What am I looking at? What in God’s name IS THAT THING? The autopsy shots from The Bridge/Bron/Brohne? Or whatever spelling they are using?

Local Bargain Jerk said...


As near as I can tell, it's an album cover. Serves me right for following a link labeled "Feminist Songs"...

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.