Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Oh, That Phil!

Have the "Yankees Classic" of Righetti's no-hitter on.  It occurred on July 4th, 1983, near the All-Star game, so Phil Rizzuto and Bill White got to jawing about the game.

Bill White:  Did you ever play in an all-star game, Phil?

Scooter:  Yes, I did.  I was in one and I remember Ralph Kiner banged into the scoreboard and broke his elbow.

In fact, Rizzuto was referring to the 1950 All-Star Game, one of five he was named to, in which Kiner hit the game-tying home run in the ninth, and Ted Williams broke his elbow going after a flyball.

Oh, Phil.  How much other misinformation did you fill our heads with?  And yet, we miss you still.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HE WAS THE BEST.

SCOOTER AND WHITE.

THERE WERE MAGIC.

MISS THEM SO MUCH.

HoraceClarke66 said...

And don't forget Frank Messer, ALL-CAPS!

HoraceClarke66 said...

Funny, watching that Righetti no-hitter, it was a good crowd at the Stadium, for a game against the Red Sox on the Fourth of July.

But it wasn't a sell-out. And while most stayed to the end, they were much more blasé about the no-hitter part. No one was even standing until there were two out in the ninth.

Anonymous said...

YES...MESSER WAS 'HOME' TOO, HOSS.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...



I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.