Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Meet the new decade, same as the old decade?

Well, here it comes, the (Something) Twenties? The new decade needs a name, and I say it should play off "the Roaring Twenties," the first hipster-cool-named decade in American history. 

So, you heard it here first: 

Forty years from now - when we only exist on Facebook - what'll this new decade be called? Some candidates...

The Boring Twenties. You wish, eh? But sadly, this, it definitely won't be. Too bad. I could use a boring decade.

The Scoring Twenties. Not for me, but those frisky Millennials will be getting busy. 

The Ignoring Twenties. On the global scale, you'd think the impending changes in climate will be impossible to ignore. Something tells me we're up to the task. But history will call us out.

The Warring Twenties. God help us. 

The Restoring Twenties. This is my hope: That, somehow, over the next 10 years, America can return to a unity we once instinctively knew. 

Of course, for this to come about, one thing must happen: The Yankees must win several world championships. 

Mr. Cole, Mr. Judge, Mr. Torres, Mr. Andujar... it's up to you.

(Note: In the above, truly inspirational paragraph, in projecting what Yankees could lead this team over the next 10 years, I find Miguel Andujar to be fourth on the list. Fourth. Why in God's name would we even be thinking of trading him? Look at the roster. Rank the current Yankees in terms of their potential over the next decade: After Cole, Judge and Gleyber, it's Andujar - by far. These rumors about trading him... they are harbingers of a decade killer.)

6 comments:

JM said...

The Terrible Twenties, I'm afraid. It's gonna be ugly, and that might extend to the Yankees, but I hope not. We need something to hang onto. Aside from drinking.

Local Bargain Jerk said...


If all we have to hang onto is drinking, these could be The Pouring Twenties.

I'm not sure that's so bad.

TheWinWarblist said...

Pouring Twenties.

Anonymous said...

I'm scared to look at the sports every morning, afraid that I might see a stupid trade that sends Andujar somewhere else. He is a special talent. They better not trade that bat away unless they get something incredible in return!
Brett

Urgent Loan said...

My name is Mrs.Aisha Mohamed, am a Citizen Of Qatar.Have you been looking for a loan?Do you need an urgent personal loan or business loan?contact Dr James Eric Finance Home he help me with a loan of $42,000 some days ago after been scammed of $2,800 from a woman claiming to been a loan lender but i thank God today that i got my loan worth $42,000.Feel free to contact the company for a genuine financial service. Email:(financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com) call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.