Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Time To Face Reality......


I can tell by the tone of contributors and commenters that many of you are 
still " drinking the Kool-Aid" that: "this is the Yankee's year. "

It isn't.

And we might as well get used to it right now. 

You cannot have the following occur and still believe in anything good:

1.  Lose Paxton to back surgery until June ( likely longer until he is " game ready").

2.  Lose Severino forever.  

3.  Rely on a post-surgical Tanaka to be as "clutch" as he was last season.

4.  Lose German for another half season plus ( he will have to get into game shape, have several starts in the minors, and remember what the fuck he is doing when not beating on his girl friend).

5.  Expect Montgomery to be a healthy version of Andy Pettitte.

6.   Think your bullpen is "lights out" with Betances pitching for the Mets.

7.  Really believe that there is a legitimate starter ...and maybe two....amongst:  Cessa, King, Loaisiga, Schmidt or that 19 year old.  Get fucking real!

8.  Imagine that there will be no more major injuries. We won't get out of spring training without another " hit to the roster," unless everyone just stays in their motel rooms and watches Netflix.


We have to accept the fact that we are already chasing a wild card play-in game.  Accept that Stanton will strike out 230 times with runners in scoring position. Accept that Hicks will hit .220 when he returns.  That Sanchez is not the second coming of anyone.  Accept that Frazier and Andujar will have to be dealt for old, stale, ineffective pitching meat.  

 Expect nothing.  

Drink heavily when the Mets appear headed to the WS.  Drink more when we lose to Toronto and Tampa on a regular basis.  

I don't mean to be negative;  but if we expect nothing, we shall not be disappointed. 

3 comments:

13bit said...

I normally am with the gloom and doom "we are fucked" crew - and perhaps it's a sign of my approaching senescence, but I have an irrational faith that we are going to do it this year in a spectacular fashion - IF WE LET THE YOUNG GUYS PLAY AND PITCH.

Alphonso said...

13bit.....You are simply drinking some fine margueritas !

I hope you are right.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...



I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.