Monday, September 4, 2023

Yuts Rhymes with Putz

Hey, just a quick ego thing here because I often wonder who in the Yankee front office or YES reads this blog but...

On August 31 I posted a blog titled "Youts". Two days later Micheal K called them "Yuts" during the broadcast. Now they are doing it on ESPN. 

Two things...

1) Not saying they lifted it. I understand that if you say the phrase, "The Yankees are going with youth." and have a NY accent, (As I and many, many others do - otherwise it wouldn't BE a regional accent.) it comes out Yout, and from there it's an easy association to "My Cousin Vinny". 

Still... we had it first by a couple of days so that's cool.

2) It's YOUTS. NOT Yuts. Yuts rhymes with Putz. Actually yutz is a Yiddish word of disparagement all on it's own. As in "Aaron Boone? That yutz? He keeps letting Albert Abreu pitch in important moments."

Youts is the word youths where the accent lets you drop the h.

If they are going to use it they should spell it right. Then again, what do you expect from a bunch of yutzes.



13 comments:

JM said...

Yutzes and putzes and schmucks, oh my.

The Hammer of God said...

Brainless is too busy to read this blog, but I think he does have one of his many interns monitoring it day by day.

TheWinWarblist said...

What's going on? I don't understand. I was all in on the tankathon. What's going on! I had adapted. I had grieved. I had carried water and spewed tears. And now!? What is going on? Double steals!? Home runs!? Competent fielding!? WHAT the fuckedy fucking fuck is going on??

SWEEPING THE SHIT-TROS IN HOUSTON ON A HOLIDAY WEEKEND!!!!?????!!?!?!?



AAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaahhhHHHHHHHHHHH-uhuhuh-AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AboveAverage said...

Maybe we can get Aaron Judge to dress up as Herman Munster for Halloween.

You know, get his “Gwynne On”

HoraceClarke66 said...

Brilliant, Doug!

And I think we need to start picketing the Stadium. Everyone carrying signs, saying, "YES Unfair to IIHIIFII...c". I expect that should baffle anyone paying attention.

As you attorney, Doug, I would urge you to sue YES immediately. Also as your attorney, Doug, I must advise you that I have never earned a law degree, and have no right to practice law in the State of New York or anywhere else.

AboveAverage said...

Hoss - are you also not available to represent me in an intellectual property dispute ?

JM said...

Otherwise known as IP. Which reminds me of the fictitious jokey books and authors of childhood, including "The Yellow River" by I.P. Daily.

AboveAverage said...

JM - that considerably more classy than asking a stranger to spell I Cup.

Rufus T. Firefly said...

Hoss,

I remember when you first made partner at your firm, Dewy, Cheatem, & Howe.

You haven't been the same since. Maybe because of the disbarment.

TheWinWarblist said...

I'm being represented by Heywood Jablowme, Esq.

It is pronounced yah blo may!

Rufus T. Firefly said...

Winnie is that with accent grave or agiu?

JM said...

I think it's agave, but I could be wrong.

HoraceClarke66 said...

Certainly, AA! And I'll never forget my first client: Amanda Hugankiss.