Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Monday, June 27, 2011

To Commemorate Old timers Day, An Excerpt From The Book Of Waste

Good Morning.


I was born just after the dinosaurs died out in Iowa, about 300 years ago according to Iowa's new soon to be first Lady, Michelle Bachman.

I can't hit or run.

If balls are hit to me I can still catch them.

My arm is sore, my calf hurts, and I need Tommy John surgery in my elbow and knees.

I did hit a home run once, which IIH,IIF,IIc still honors with a sidebar labeled, " Making my bones."

It should be amended to read, " Making a bone once."

I am hiding in the dugout.

I think I have been forgotten, which would be best.

I get paid a lot more than any of you do for what I once did.

Now, I do nothing, contribute nothing, think of nothing, and still get paid.

A lot.

Do you all love me?

No comments: