Monday, September 26, 2011

If we win any of the games against Tampa, somebody should be fired

You know what?

I am sick and f*&king tired of winning. 

I've had enough. Victories mean nothing. Wins are pointless. Who cares?

Not me.

As a rule, we Yankee fans accept at least 60 losses per year. That's a boatload of pain. But we do it. Sixty losses. That's five years of losses for a New England Patriot fan. Sixty losses. Anybody who says Yankee fans have it good... remember: Sixty losses.

So I'm good with losses. In fact, let's get three out of our system now. Each will hurt. But dammitall, we're big boys. We can take it.

I don't give a damn about the battle for the 25th roster slot, or who is our third starter. Between now and Thursday, here's the competiton:

WHO CAN BEST HIT EASY GROUND BALLS TO THE SHORTSTOP OR SECONDBASEMAN? WHO CAN THROW FAT PITCHES TO EVAN LONGORIA? WHO LIKES TO WATCH BALLS DROP IN FRONT OF THEM?

Those are the Yankees I want.

Winning? Beh. I speet on your meaningless victories. Pttuui.

No comments: