Saturday, April 5, 2014
Posted by Alphonso at 4:42 PM
So what if Pineda pitched well? If we don't score any runs, we won't win any games.
So what if Solarte is still batting .500? If we don't score any runs we won't beat anyone.
I have some complaints:
1. Soriano needs a rest. Perhaps from baseball. Not only has he not gotten a hit, he is having lousy at bats. It was clear, early, that the only way we were going to score is if we out-lasted RA Dickey and got into their bullpen. So what does Soriano do? Swings at the first pitch for an out.
2. Beltran is doing to us what he did to the Mets. He is awful. And dependably so. He kills rallies hitting into double plays. He fails to move runners over by striking out. He is a threat, only to our success.
3. David Phellps. Hmmmm. His ERA is now in double figures, I think.
4. And why take out Nuno after one batter? He can get anyone out. If we make him a lefty-only specialist, we are wasting a resource.
5. And did anyone notice that McCann looked horrible at the plate today ? I mean in his DH role, of course.
6. The captain isn't exactly lighting things up, either. Did the Blue Jays have their ceremony and gift binge for him yet?
7. I knew Tex would be headed for the DL. (Hammies on old guys don't heal quickly, and he was barely moving when he injured that tendon or muscle, whatever it is.) But why in the name of Juniper Berries and olives do they bring up Austin Romine to fill his roster spot?
I am pissed. This may not be a 500 team.
There are no silver linings.