Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Sunday, April 27, 2014

I Like This Dude



Let's all raise a glass to the Yankee brass for signing, and brining to the Bronx, Chris Leroux.

I loved this guy in spring training and was bummed when he didn't come north with the team.  I know. It was spring training.  But Solarte made his bones in spring training, as did Betances.

Watch for him.  I hope he gets a sunny day so he can grip the ball.

Here;s hoping.

2 comments:

Alphonso said...

Not bad for me; only two typos in about three sentences. So much for my glasses and proofreading.

Local Bargain Jerk said...

Let's all raise a glass to the Yankee brass for signing, and brining to the Bronx, Chris Leroux.

What confused me is the fact that "brining" is a legit word that happens to rhyme with "signing", so I read it sort of like "wining and dining". I thought "signing and brining" was some new Yankee practice I hadn't heard about, where they sign some guy and then brine him away in Scranton and we never hear from him again.

Then I decided that that was wrong, so I thought that brining had something to do with the brownish liquid in the glass held by the comely lass in the photo. I looked at the glass for awhile, then I gave up and stared at her boobs.

All's well that ends well.