Tuesday, September 29, 2026

AL Wild Card Series – Game One – He's Baaaaaaaaaaack !

 

WILL WE SEE A CANTRUNIAN BLAST ?

66 comments:

13bit said...

Is "unforgivable" too strong a word to describe how I feel about Stanton's return for this series?

AboveAverage said...

Uh……NOPE

ranger_lp said...

https://x.com/snarfyboyy/status/2105029767133319667?s=46&t=xakCsa-eOn5B-j0U_gWfOw

AboveAverage said...

I sure hope that Cam has a fire burning inside his gray matter . . . .

BTR999 said...

Can’t wait to see him strikeout as a PH, can you?

BTR999 said...

Strong start for the Caminator

Pocono Steve said...

Perfectly buffoonish AB by Ramos.

AboveAverage said...

A big miss and a swing

Pocono Steve said...

Schlittler has to work more efficiently if he's to pitch the full-game shutout we probably need from him to eke out a 1-0 win.

Pocono Steve said...

There's the 1-0 they need to nurse.

AboveAverage said...

We’ll need at least three runs….

Hinkey Haines said...

Aye.

Hinkey Haines said...

Schlitter takes the pitch clock right to the end every time.

13bit said...

I want to see ice in his gray matter and fire in his balls.

Hinkey Haines said...

Ramos looks hopeless up there.

Rufus T. Firefly said...

GIDP

The WinWarblist said...

Everything is wonderful. Only score one run. Find a way to cough up the lead despite Cam's truly magnificent effort. Lose pathetically tonight. ColAce gets shelled tomorrow.

DickAllen said...

!!!!!!!!

DickAllen said...

Dead center

BernBabyBern said...

Rice clobbered that one. And it was so great to see him do that after they’d spent the previous minute or two explaining what a great matchup for the Sox that was because Rice doesn’t hit sinkers and this guy had a great sinker. Or not.

BTR999 said...

Gonna need more runs…boone time is coming

Hinkey Haines said...

Gonna need 3 innings out of the bullpen.

Hinkey Haines said...

The Man.

BernBabyBern said...

You know, this Schlittler kid ain’t half bad …..

13bit said...

Yeah, the kid can pitch.

13bit said...

How many guys have we left on base so far, 4?

DickAllen said...

Girardi is up in the booth thinking about two innings ahead of Boooooone. What a waste of talent. The guy belongs in a dugout

13bit said...

I have been missing him a lot lately.

ranger_lp said...

Cam came up big tonight…

Hinkey Haines said...

Time to get nervous.

DickAllen said...

And Booooone belongs in a booth. As usual, he tried to squeeze one out too many from a pitcher

The WinWarblist said...

Cam's numbers against Boston are preposterous.

13bit said...

wow. DP

Hinkey Haines said...

643. Love it.

13bit said...

we need to get one or both of these guys home

13bit said...

why not a bunt here down the first base line?

Hinkey Haines said...

Real Yankees don’t bunt.

DickAllen said...

Wow. That’s optimistic that you believe these filly’s know how to bunt

13bit said...

LET'S GO RICE

ranger_lp said...

Working on a rally…

13bit said...

I know, but I was trying to channel the Scooter.

Hinkey Haines said...

Bases loaded, none out. This is a worst-case scenario for the Yankees.

13bit said...

MOTHERFUCKER!!

13bit said...

THAT WAS A BIG RUN

Hinkey Haines said...

This Rice kid is ok.

13bit said...

What was Miguel Cairo's lifetime BA?

DickAllen said...

Good old fashioned station-to- station baseball. I didn’t think they had it in them

13bit said...

Oh good god

13bit said...

bases loaded, no outs, one run. sorry, but I want to scream "assholes." lucky for me there's a cultured woman in the house and I should probably behave.

Hinkey Haines said...

Crap. But it was a helluva nice play.

13bit said...

I actually cannot handle this and think I'm going to get into bed and peek at the phone in 20 minutes

13bit said...

I will always hate the Red Sox.

Rufus T. Firefly said...

As we all will.

Rufus T. Firefly said...

When did Girardi become a carmines fan?

And Rizzo????

13bit said...

Thanks, Caleb

13bit said...

I got some of the old agita. can't seem to get up and get into bed

DickAllen said...

To be fair, it wouldn’t be a good look for him to be rooting for the Yankees on national tv

13bit said...

They MUST get one of these guys in.

Hinkey Haines said...

Another run & it might be Hill instead of Bednar.

Hinkey Haines said...

Holy crap. A bunt!

13bit said...

wow, did I see a sac bunt? did some old LSD molecules from the 1970s break loose?

DickAllen said...

Holy shit! A bunt!!

Rufus T. Firefly said...

Golf clap.

Will Boone bench him for bunting?

Rufus T. Firefly said...

I don't think Hill is on the roster.

13bit said...

Pass me the ether rag, grandma...

Rufus T. Firefly said...

You paid for the flashbacks. Only fair that you get them.