Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Just For The Record.......

Winter vacation is officially over, for me,  tomorrow.

I know........pitchers and catchers don't report until later in the month.  But I still have to be available to Hal and Brian.  It is part of my contract; " Be independent, but get here when that clarion sounds."

You think I don't need a physical?  The MLB players union requires it.  Black Swan treatment comes right after the 15 day rule, which does something or other.  We lose Rule 5 players due to it.  I'm glad we have el Duque to keep the regulations sassy.

I do not arrive back in town to annoy you or do harm to your loved ones.   I simply report the truth, near truth,  and rumors.  I also make predictions, usually based upon inside information.  But sometimes, I just predict stuff because I feel it in my gut.  And I am never wrong.  Ask Mustang.

I am hoping for a clean year.  There, I've said it.  I am a "homer."  Happy now?

Initially, I have to report to the lily pond just south of the Steinbrenner Field ticket window, in Tampa. For those of you who know the place, it is about a league and a half from the " will call," window.

Injuries, we are told, are part of the game.  And someone has to keep tabs.  That is why I first became an actuarial swan. I was really good with numbers and tables and charts.  But drinking and, if I am truthful, some mis-behaving kept me from the top jobs.  So, I had to wear the black.

If this were Paris in 1789, I would be the guy that let's the blade fall.

But it is great to be back.  I hated Venezuela.  Winter just about turns my feathers white by the time February 1 rolls around.  So I can breathe freely again.  Paddling in circles keeps me young.

I will use the next few weeks to clear up the required MLB paperwork, get a new photo taken, and get into peak physical condition.

I hope you are all ready.

Pitchers & Catchers.  Life rewinds.

4 comments:

KD said...

Welcome back Mr. Black Swam, IIH's very own Harbinger of Spring!

Anonymous said...

MISBEHAVING?...

LOVE TO HEAR ABOUT THAT...LOL...

WELCOME BACK.

HoraceClarke66 said...

Ah, he's just going on about that Leda honey again. I doubt if he made it to first base!

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.