Saturday, December 29, 2018

The waiters and the hangers-on say Manny is coming to the Yankees

In a drought, this is what passes for a Yankee headline.


And this.
And this.
What if Manny Machado's friend dressed up as Bryce Harper and fooled a waiter into thinking that Sonny Gray was staying with the Yankees?

Now, that would be news.

Today, maybe someone will find a piece of toast that shows Manny in a Yankee hat, or the news will break that Greg Bird's dog has ringworm. That's the kind of news cycle we are now inhabiting.

Soon, all will be revealed. We must maintain every ounce of outrage, bile, venom, hysterical glee, delight and phlegm that we can muster. We will soon be called upon to spew. 


5 comments:

ranger_lp said...

https://www.yardbarker.com/mlb/articles/report_manny_machado_expected_to_sign_with_yankees/s1_12680_28099916

Looks like it's going to happen....

Anonymous said...

WE OUGHT TO RUSH TO SIGN HARPER, TODAY.

....THEN TELL MANNY, "SORRY, YOU WAITED TOO LONG, WE MOVED ON."

JM said...

I'm with Anonymous. We don't need another right power bat. What is this, Fenway?

HoraceClarke66 said...

I agree with ALL-CAPS, too.

We need a lefty bat, desperately. And much as I would be for signing Manny in general, I fear this will lead to the dreaded Miggy deal.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.