Friday, December 14, 2018

"Try to remember another November...

...when we would spend and other teams would follow..."

I have been negligent in passing along the November results for the mighty, New York Times, Soccer v. Yankees results, but here they are:

Soccer 26, Yankees 8.

"Try to remember
That day one November
When George went out and signed up Reggie..."

This reflects less on the tireless efforts of Rory Smith, Times soccer columnist and second-hardest working man in show business (behind James Brown, of course), than on how very little the Yankees did—in a month we used to dominate.

"Try to remember
One year in November
When we signed Tommy John
With Luis to follow..."

December doesn't look much better.  The Yankees, once The Greatest Show on Earth in the off-season, are now just a sullen, silent, shutdown corporate operation.

"Try to remember
How back in December
We hooked the Catfish
And inked up Winfield...

"Try to remember
And if you remember
Then follow follow follow..."

Where?  Damned if I know where this team is going.

Our year thus far:

Soccer 360, Yankees 254.

Ouch.





6 comments:

13bit said...

Amarcord

TheWinWarblist said...

Bitty, oh Bitty.

Anonymous said...

Fantastick analysis.

Doug K.

HoraceClarke66 said...

You guys rock, as always.

ranger_lp said...

It didn't help that both of our pathetic soccer teams in NY were in the playoffs...that was good for at least 10 articles...

Isiyku Abdulahi said...

I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.