Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Break Out the Champagne

A little while ago, the Los Angeles Dodgers defeated the Tampa Bay Rays, 7-5, thereby giving your New York Yankees the American League East crown.

Oh, I know that they're still maintaining that the magic number is 1.  It isn't, not really.

The Rays are now 10 games behind the Bronx Behemoths, with 10 to play.  The Yankees own the tiebreaker, having beaten TB 12 games out of 17.

Therefore, the Rays would have to win all 10 of their remaining games, the Yankees would have to lose all 10 of their remaining games, AND the two other wild card contenders would have to win so many games that the team which is NOT the East Division winner, would either not qualify for the playoffs, or would be forced into a tie-breaking, play-in game to the play-in game.

In which case, the Yanks and Rays would have to play a one-game playoff, and then the loser would have to play either one or both of the other wild card contenders, in another playoff.

Got all that?  Good.  Here's an easier way to look at it:

We win!  Break out the bubbly.

3 comments:

JM said...

Whew. The suspense was killing me.

Rufus T. Firefly said...

There are only two reasons for champagne:

Winning the world series.

Winning the back page cover count.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.