Tuesday, November 20, 2007

BREAKING:

Yankees announce Playmakers Media Corporation as the exclusive ad sales agency for the club's official publications
This is a stunner. Never saw it coming.
.
"As the New York Yankees commence the final season in Yankee Stadium, it has become increasingly evident that prospective advertisers and sponsors are seeking a clear direction and easy solution for their print advertising needs," said Yankees Chief Operating Officer Lonn Trost. "Playmakers Media Corporation will provide a direction that is simple, understandable and straightforward."
.
Amen, and ahoy. Our Yank Ship of State is full-speed ahead under "Cap'n" Steinbrenner.
.
Can't wait for next year's ads. "Simple, understandable and straightforward..." just like Stubby!

4 comments:

Stang said...

I can see this. Playmakers has done everything but win a ring. They got to be hungry.

I'm Bill White said...

I have to admit, last year's ads were WAAAY over my head. I like this approach.

el duque said...

Trost is putting his career on the line. If this doesn't work, the tabloids will be all over him.

BernBabyBern said...

I think we need more of those Procede ads.

It must be good stuff. I mean, Giuseppe Franco isn't going to put his name on the line for something that doesn't work.