Saturday, November 10, 2007

The End

How will Joe conclude his memoirs?

"You see, in the final box score, a certain old puppy had finally learned that, win or lose, the only World Series that really matters is the one played in the postseason of love."

"'Come back,' he pleaded. But it was too late. I set down my smokes, donned my pants and cleats, then basked in the crisp wind across my loins, coaxing me toward the western horizon that I would soon call home."

"They would never play cheap with a manager again. Nor would Gary Sheffield be shooting off his mouth. It's just as Zim had said: 'If you're gonna pee in the chili, don't go poopin' in the cornbread.' As for me, I knew it would all come out in... THE END."

2 comments:

Stang said...

Zim is so wise.

rap said...

It's the steel plate in his head.