Saturday, June 13, 2009

"IT IS HIGH... IT IS SHORT... IT IS... dropped."

I am increasingly of the belief that this will become Arod's most iconic Yankee moment.

Seriously, what beats it?

1. Home run vs Baltimore in first game back, 2009.
2. Yelling "Ha!" in Toronto.
3. Cyndi's efffing T-shirt.
4. Spring news conference to admit steroids.
5. DP ball to end post-season against Redsocks.
6. "The slap" on Bronson Arroyo.
7. Dissing of World Series by announcing plan to void Yank contract.
8.... ?

OK, he hit some walkoffs in 2007. But the fact that I can't remember who they were against tells us something.

What Yankee moment will he most be remembered for?

2 comments:

Statler said...

Honestly, I agree. Goddamn, but that's a sad, sad thing.

Stang said...

I did love the"Ha" play.

I saw the E-Bomb (great expression, Duque) in a bar, with the sound off. When the team celebrated Arod and blond Kimberly Jones snagged him for the postgame Hero Interview, and Arod's expression looked just like Aaron Boone's after the HR, I could not believe my eyes.