Thursday, June 11, 2009

Life is Good...

This is exactly the story of the Yankees since 2004. You think that they're on a roll, they go into Boston, and then the wheels come off. AJ, who seemed so solid beating up inferior opponents, gets shelled. Chien-Ming earns a trip back to Scranton, CC blows it in the 8th, Aceves gets knocked around, Coke comes in and walks Big Papi (still hovering below the River of Mendoza) on four pitches, our offense just can't generate runs when we need them with a runner on 2nd in both the 8th and 9th last night.

I know we haven't been swept just yet as I write this, but I think that this basically sums up the series: We've been completely outclassed by the Red Sox. Again. If you told me 5 years ago to this day that I'd be saying that, I would have thought you were crazy.

But lets look at the bright side...how 'bout Brett Tomko.

1 comment:

Jim Chadwick said...

If I had the power to go back and time and kill someone before they could cause any harm, would it be okay if I stopped and took out Theo Epstein on my way back to Hitler?