Sunday, June 17, 2018

Everything is going TOO well; something must be wrong...

Ah, Tampa - sister city to the tribe, our own Mar-a-Lago, a small market with two major league franchises. Nothing beats a visit from the Rays, a team that is already looking to 2020 - preparing to tank - and laying out their trade-able veterans like the salad buffet at Ruby Tuesdays. 

I'm not saying the Rays have given up on 2018 - they're only 16 out of first in the AL East (13 in the wild card!) - with a batting order that, if spoken aloud, sounds like a Rosetta Stone lesson in Swahili: "Duffy bauers adames cron wendel gomez smith field sucre?" (translation: "Where do I find corn bagels in Bolivia?")

All I can say is this: Merely taking three out of four this weekend is NOT an option. It is time for Ryan McBroom. It is time for a Yankee winning streak that cannot be derailed by rain clouds or off-days. Right now, everything remotely associated with the Yankees - from the starting lineup down to Single A prospects - is roaring like the cicadas, and June 29, when Boston arrives, cannot get here soon enough. 

Of course, we must fear Cashman's impending trade war. Nobody wanted a trade war - it will devastate our farms and could upend the surging Yankee economy. But Hal has demanded it, and he is in control. 

We know that the trade winds will blow, just as hurricanes will form in the Atlantic. We cannot stop this. We can only hope that our infrastructure is sound, and that we know our system's secrets better than the GMs who plan to plunder it. On that note, check out this comprehensive wrap-up of ex-Yankees done by NJ.com - from Dustin Ackley to Eric Young Jr. - for a look at what can go wrong, or right. Bravo, NJ.com. This was painstakingly delivered, and it covers everything.

Now, bring us McBroom!  

11 comments:

TheWinWarblist said...

Blasphemy!! You must not SPAKE of it!! No!! No!! Noooooo!!!

KD said...

Very interesting. Best photo goes to Jamie Garcia.

Anonymous said...

Thank for the link. Totally worth going through. Just seeing that Nova and Pineda remain Novalike and Pinedalike reminded me of how lucky we are to not have to watch them pitch as a regular part of our rotation.

Happy Father's Day to those in the group to which that applies. Mine passed away a couple of months ago and I still reach for the phone at least twice every game. He's missing a great year. I'm missing a great Dad.

Sorry, didn't mean to go all Lupica.

Doug K.

KD said...

My sympathies Doug. Lost mine a year ago March. At 95 he was beyond caring about baseball, although a Yankees fan who, as a boy, had seen the Babe play.

Local Bargain Jerk said...

Hey Doug K., no need to be sorry.

I lost my Dad many years ago at two young an age. That following NFL season, every time there a great catch, or a nifty play, my hand also involuntarily reached for the phone. In many ways, it was harder at those times than when it immediately happened.

Happy Fathers day to everyone on the list to whom it applies. Spend the day with your Dad if you can, or with your children if they're nearby.


HoraceClarke66 said...

Yes, happy Fathers Day. My dad and I had a complicated relationship, and usually not a good one.

When it came to baseball, he never got over his New York Giants moving to San Francisco, and he was not about to root for the Yankees. When we moved to Massachusetts in the middle of my boyhood, he decided to become a Red Sox fan.

Yes, here I was, a skinny little kid with my Yankees hat, suddenly surrounded by Boston fans—at a time when the Yanks were pretty mediocre—and my own dad was rooting against my team, too. In retaliation, I started rooting for the Packers, his least favorite football team, against his Football Giants.

As I said, it got complicated, and sports was the least of it.

But probably the best times we had together were going to Fenway, a gorgeous place to see a game, a couple times every season. That's the great thing about baseball: it's NOT like life, but a terrific respite from it.

He died just over two years ago, out n California. His mind had faded and his end was not easy. That seems to be the trade-off we make for longevity now. It was difficult to see, but I was glad to have the chance to take care of him some at the end.

TheWinWarblist said...

My Dad passed when I was in junior high. Took me to my first game, at Shea, although he was a Yankee fan. (I think CBS owned the Yanks at that point.) It's been decades without him. The missing and hole is still there. So yaayyy, we can all look forward to that. Had breakfast with children this morning. They don't follow baseball, except for my oldest daughter.

KD said...

Wow. McBroom is military grade anti-juju.

HoraceClarke66 said...

I'll say. What a dog's vomit of a game.

And Neil Walker? Again?

TheWinWarblist said...

That was a dreary load of fresh excrement.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.