Sunday, August 2, 2026

A (A) GAME THREAD EXCLUSIVE – WHAT EL DUQUE DRANK DURING HIS "RUNK BLOG"


 

49 comments:

BTR999 said...

3 up, 3 strikeouts

AboveAverage said...

HoG - I answered your Hedgehog question

BTR999 said...

I’ve never seen a team take so many called strike threes.

My take: they are guess hitters.

AboveAverage said...

My guess is that they aren’t hitters

BTR999 said...

Please keep telling me Rice is our best hitter.
His k-rate now 30%

Rufus T. Firefly said...

Mlb network drones just mentioned that wells is wearing an old style orange chest protector in honor of Thurman Munson. RIP

BTR999 said...

Awful throw by Dominguez.

Some players get better with consistent playing time.
Others get exposed.
Dominguez is the latter.

The Hammer of God said...

Thanks! I'll check

BTR999 said...

47th anniversary of his untimely death

The Hammer of God said...

Wow, could've sworn the roof was gonna collapse there!

The Hammer of God said...

Fucking Calvin Rea. They can't hit fucking Rea either.

The Hammer of God said...

Sorry, Colin Rea. He of the 4 1/2 ERA. Pronounced "ray" but the way it's spelled, you'd think "rea, rea, diarrhea".

Rufus T. Firefly said...

Wells wore 15 in the minors when I saw him.

Too bad he's not that good.

Munson was my favorite player. I was on the way to Saratoga races when I heard on the radio.

BTR999 said...

The Rays acquired Freddy Peralta from the Mess.

Rufus T. Firefly said...

He's a dh.

Too bad they didn't try him at 2b/3b in the minors. Of course he'd probably been worse in the infield

The Hammer of God said...

He kinda sucked with the Mets, but you know the Rays will turn him around. He'll have a resurrection!

Rufus T. Firefly said...

The really good news is Boone can't pitch doval in the 8th.

The Hammer of God said...

No, JD can't play the infield. Would be a disaster.

The Hammer of God said...

Never fear. Boone will find a substitute for Doval. The new kid Yovanny Cruz, perhaps? The bullpen yesterday was a total shit show. They just weren't throwing strikes.

The Hammer of God said...

Wow, Yanks got lucky. Wind knocked down a three run homer. Boone should've gone to a different reliever before that.

ranger_lp said...

Heard the trade rumors…of course we need another first baseman…that is so YankeesAI…

The Hammer of God said...

Fucking pathetic at bats by the Yankees. If we're going to win this one, it'll have to be by a 2-1 score.

The Hammer of God said...

Fucking Cashman.

ranger_lp said...

Cruz is rumored to be traded because we need another first baseman…

The Hammer of God said...

Fuck, way ahead in the count and walked him

The Hammer of God said...

These Cubbie hitters don't expand the zone, do they? 'Course, that's why they're one of the top scoring offenses.

The Hammer of God said...

Walk and a steal. Now runner in scoring position.

The Hammer of God said...

One more mile to go.

The Hammer of God said...

I'm always scared of former Mets. Even though they're not with the Mets anymore, their eyes always seem to bet bigger when they play the Yankees.

The Hammer of God said...

Battlin' Bronx Bastards walked the tightrope!

13bit said...

Assholes win…

The Hammer of God said...

Will these bastards ever score more than two fucking runs in a game?

ranger_lp said...

Yankees Win!!!

Hinkey Haines said...

Yee-ha.

AboveAverage said...

THE YANKEES 'r' GRIM !

The Hammer of God said...

At this fucking rate, cardiologists in the NYC area are gonna be doing quite well. Anywhere there are Yankee fans, they'll see a big uptick in their practices.

The Hammer of God said...

Six fucking runs scored in a three game series. But they won two of three. I didn't think they'd hold down the Cubbie bats. Especially today.

The Hammer of God said...

Seems our lack of hitting is contagious. Everywhere we go, offenses starve! Our bastards bring on the famine!

The Hammer of God said...

We're no longer the Bronx Bombers. Gotta come up with a new name for this brand of famine ball. How 'bout stitchin' a skull on their uniforms? The starving bastards.

13bit said...

Our hitting is like a drip irrigation system.

BTR999 said...

The Yankees have acquired first baseman Luis Garcia Jr. from the Nationals, according to Joel Sherman of the New York Post

Details to follow

BTR999 said...

Yankees are trading Ben Grable, Yovanny Cruz, Jack Cebert and Jake Bird for Garcia

BTR999 said...

1b / DH
First question: where do you play him..
Second question: How does this affect Stanton/Judge/Rice/Goldschmidt?

The Hammer of God said...

I would think Garcia mostly is the DH. Goldschmidt will sit a lot more. When or if Judge gets back, they'll figure out what to do. If Dominguez finally starts hitting left handed, maybe you put JD in CF. Judge plays RF. Garcia DH. If Dominguez is still not hitting lefthanded, I'm sure they'll send him back to the minors.

The Hammer of God said...

Stanton? Ha ha ha, I wouldn't worry about Stanton. Even if he does finally get back, he's nothing more than a pinch hitter. At least, that's the way I see it. Cashman will probably order Boone to DH Stanton. Which means Garcia then plays 1B, and then Ben Rice must catch. But how many games before Stanton gets hurt again? We'll take bets. I say he'll play two games before he lands on the DL.

The Hammer of God said...

And Grisham would sit on the bench. Or maybe they play Grisham in CF and Dominguez is sent down or traded.

HoraceClarke66 said...

Hmm...Garcia is now leading the NL in slugging. Annnnddd...he has played second and short in the majors, as well as first base.

I wonder...could it be that Jazz really is hurting? Or on his way out? I know, I know. But a guy can dream, can't he?

Rufus T. Firefly said...

There is another shoe to drop

edb said...

Does it taste good and does one feel the need to BS afetr every sip?