Sunday, September 20, 2009

Letter to the Editor: "Come on, Toronto, get a life."


Calgary Sun (Alberta)
September 18, 2009 Friday

Dear Editor,

I agree with Steve Ellis regarding the booing of the New York Yankees' Derek Jeter at a Toronto Blue Jays game (Mail Bag, Sept. 11).

I attended a three-game series when the Jays were home to the Philadelphia Phillies and a number of fans were all over Ryan Howard. Howard is exactly like Jeter because he has never been involved in anything detrimental to the game and is a classy individual. The only headlines he makes are positive ones, like he hits two homers and drives in five runs.

I have lived in Toronto all my life. In addition to the booing of Bobby Orr, I am old enough to remember Maple Leafs fans booing Gordie Howe. Come on Toronto, get a life!

PETER VASOFF

No comments: