Sunday, September 20, 2009

NBC's "Meet the Press" and its seething undercurrent of hatred for the Yankees



Last week came this exchanged between David Gregory and Redsock Nation agent/correspondent Chuck Todd.




MR. GREGORY: All right. Well, the--one--my question about New York tomorrow for the president is does he call Derek Jeter to congratulate him on passing Lou Gehrig? He's got more hits than any other Yankee.

MR. TODD: I'm sorry. Wait, wait, wait. I'm...

MR. GREGORY: He's a great guy.

MR. TODD: I'm sorry, love Derek Jeter, but only the Yankees, only the Yankees can somehow brag about not getting to 3,000 hits. I'm a baseball fan, you're a baseball--3,000 hits is the mark. Hey, Derek Jeter...

MR. GREGORY: He's going to get there.


MR. TODD: ...call me in a season and a half when you get the 3,000.

MS. ERIN BURNETT: Wow. He sets the bar high.



MR. GREGORY: All right. Wow. I awakened the giant there. All right. Thanks...


MR. TODD: I'm sorry. Only the Yankees do that.


MR. GREGORY: Thanks very much to all of you. And we'll be right back.

POST IT IN THE LOCKER ROOM, JOE!
THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA WANTS TO BRING US DOWN,
BUT WE WILL NOT BE DEFEATED.

No comments: