Monday, March 23, 2015

By signing Moncada, Boston vaults to the second-highest rated MLB farm system

I wonder if Hal "I'm Not Cheap" Steinbrenner has noticed this?

It's getting hard, searching for hope in the vast, gloomy Yankiverse. The worst part is recognizing that, no matter how dark the future looks, "I'm Not Cheap" won't change his ways.

BTW, don't bother looking for a write-up on the Yankees in this linked listing. It covers only the Top 10 farm systems. Best guess is that the Retrieval Empire would fall somewhere in the lower tier - 15th to 24th.

Basically, the "jewels" of our system are a bunch of super-rich Latino 16-year-olds. These days, that's where "I'm Not Cheap" likes to sink his movie money. Considering that our top Yankee rookies seem to arrive at age 26, we should start now getting excited about the year 2026! That's when "I'm Not Cheap" will be vindicated.

No comments: