Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Sorry to use space for this, but....

This is Pluto calling planet Netherlands ( Urban Dutch Farmer)

I plan to be in Amsterdam, with an exceptional entourage, on October 27 and 28.  I am leading a brief discussion on " dark matter" at your university there.

If you want to bring your glove, we can play catch in a canal. I know you live in Rotterdam, but that is a quick bicycle ride away, right?  I imagine that Aaron Hicks could throw a ball from Amsterdam to your house.

 If you have no glove, we could just drink and learn the traditions of your baseball country.  This is the preferred outcome, as my shoulder has Chuck Knoblach's disease these days.  Blame it on a horse.

You can laugh at us and ask questions about Trump America. We could hold that conversation in one of those " get happy " stores you have all over Holland ( now it makes sense that the Dutch are always rated the happiest nation).

And you can educate us;  e.g.  are Holland and the Netherlands the same place?  What about the Dutch?  Where do they live?  Does everyone get a bolt of that orange fabric at birth?

I apologize to all for using this space as a personal message site, but I could devise no other means of communication.

Hence, I am keeping it short.

And orange.  And fun to regard.

9 comments:

HoraceClarke66 said...

Hooray! The girls are back!!

Friend of Local Bargain Jerk said...

Why not just stay with Didi's folks.

Anonymous said...

you can use the space for personal messages. mustang uses it for your texts

Austria's Only Baseball Fan said...

Let me know if you make it over to Vienna. I know the best bar in the city.

Leinstery said...

Yankees just filed a complaint that Boston was using Apple watches to steal signs. What is it with those Boston teams and stealing signs?

HoraceClarke66 said...

Meanwhile, a friend sent me this video, about how a woman pulled a gun on another woman when they were both trying to get the last school binder in a Wal-Mart:

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/9/3/1695676/-Woman-Full-Of-Crazy-Pulls-Gun-at-Wal-Mart-in-Argument-Over-Binder?detail=emaildkre

Apparently, the real trouble was that a few minutes earlier, an extremely fit, 52-year-old man with a buzz cut walked in an bought out almost every binder the store still had in stock. Hmm...

Urban Farmer formerly known as DutchFan said...

The dates fit nicely - great ideas. I will drop you an email. Looking forward to this!

Alphonso said...

Dear Urban Farmer,

Many thx. I look forward to it.

Alphonso

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.