Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Saturday, May 5, 2018

Anyone Seen Tyler Austin Lately?



I know.

He's fine.

That " swan dive" he took the other day did no damage.

Aaron Boone is simply playing the percentages.  Plus, Neal Walker is having better at bats, recently.

So we are awaiting a left-handed pitcher for Tyler to pick up a bat?

I've seen him in the dugout, and he doesn't look morose.

He is not on any DL.

But he nicked something.  This is an extended period of not playing, for it to be nothing.

I don't hold out any major caution signs here, but if he isn't in the game tomorrow, I will suggest the YANKEES ARE BEING LESS THAN HONEST ABOUT HIS HEALTH.

Today, the Yankees won on Cleveland's errors.  The percentage of balls put in play ( less than half ) by the Yankees spelled; " today is a loss."  STRIKE OUTS AND FOUL-OUTS RULED THE DAY.

Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good.

Sorry about the All Caps.

 I am a Swan and my fingers are as wide as your feet.

10 comments:

George Orwell said...

Barcelona is not Spain. They are Catalan Victory Ladies, and dedicated Communists.

Anonymous said...

YOU HAVE PERMISSION TO USE THE CAPS.....

NO WORRIES ABOUT AN INFRINGEMENT LAWSUIT IN THIS PARTICULAR CASE....

HOPE YOU'RE NOT RIGHT ABOUT AUSTIN....(BUT YOU MAY BE).

KEEP THE GIRLS COMING.....

Alphonso said...

Orwell was there, but he was an anarchist not a communist.

Suggested reading about the Spanish Civil War; " Homage to Catalonia." ( by Orwell ).

Also, you are aware that Orwell is a " nom de plume" right?

His real name is Eric Blair, I think.

Also, only one of the ladies was from Barcelona

Joe Formerlyof Brooklyn said...

From the NY Post -- on Walker at first base:

With the Yankees up by three runs with one out in the top of the sixth, the Indians’ Edwin Encarnacion hit a slow chopper to Neil Walker at first with Jose Ramirez at third. Ramirez didn’t get a good jump, but Walker opted to make the safe play at first instead of trying to get Ramirez at the plate.

“I thought about coming home, but I’d never had that play, so I wanted to make sure I got an out,” said Walker . . .

Anonymous said...

another BS manger like the last two Tyler is twice the player that Walker is don't do player any good sitting on the bench

TheWinWarblist said...

I have very dainty feet.

clyde said...

Anonymous said: "…another BS manger" The clairvoyant reader may understand what Anon means, but run-on, stream-of-semiconciousness blather doesn't really compute…

George Orwell said...

You had me going,Alphonso. Eric Blair played centerfield for the Cincy Reds. Thank you for the informed commentary! Appreciate your insights.

HoraceClarke66 said...

That's what I love about this site: furious argument over the POUM! Love it!

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.