Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Ding Dong Domingo



Last night, as Yogi famously stated, " it got late early."

Domingo German spun his second consecutive not so tasty cake.  Only it was tasty to the Rangers, not to Yankee fans.

The game was over, early, in the opening inning, after the Yankee top (and heart) of the order had meekly gone away without a solid contact between bat and ball.

 In fact, Giancarlo swung at a pitch that, I swear, was on the ground, behind him by about a yard.  It was as if he was trying to hit a horse fly buzzing behind his left knee.  Let me just say...it didn't look like he was going to be in hitting rhythm during this game.

But back to the larger problem:

 Domingo couldn't throw a strike, other than with his meekly straight meat ball ( known , otherwise, as a fast ball).  And that pitch was like batting practice for the infirmed.  Everyone clobbered it.  Worse, he had lost the mound presence and confidence that David Cone used to complement him on.

He looked afraid and incapable, hesitant and slow moving.  When the three run dinger left the ballpark, so did I.  Turned off everything electronic and went elsewhere.  I know, " when to fold 'em."

And as Duque and all of you calculated;  this can only mean one thing:  The trade winds are again blowing.  Cashman is on red alert ( and I mean that in the most likely, tragic, sense).

We won behind Tanaka's latest start only because we scored 10 runs.  We have now seen enough evidence that this new kid is lined up for a 1-9 season if he remains here. ( Luis did that, by the way, but not with a team this strong).

Meanwhile;  everyone has seen "Red Thunder;"  everyone knows about Florial ( though injured ), Drury lingers, etc.

It is the Duque challenge; trade youth and high ceilings for an over-priced, beer bellied has-been?  Divert from the present winning course, in the face of stress?

The problem is; who still sees a real future for Domingo Ding-Dong?  In truth, originally, I did.  I loved this kid. I thought he was a younger, leaner version of the big dog ( Luis ).  But something transformed him.  He has been hopeless, now, two starts in a row.  Against crappy teams, no less.

 When he walked his first guy yesterday, there was no chance.  He must have used up 35 pitches in inning one, leaving us down three runs.

Ding-dong.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THE STUFF IS THERE....

THE HEAD MAY NOT BE.

ONLY WAY TO FIND OUT IS A FEW MORE STARTS.

LET HIM PITCH HIS NEXT START AT HOME WITH THE FANS BEHIND HIM, THAT MAY HELP TRY TO GET HIM ON TRACK AND BUILD SOME MOMENTUM.

IF IT IS HIS HEAD, WE WILL FIND OUT HOPEFULLY SOON ENOUGH.

REMEMBER BRIAN MITCHELL?

WHEN HE COULDN'T CATCH A 12 FOOT POP UP, OR PICK UP A LITTLE DRIBBLER TO THE MOUND,
THAT IS WHAT SEALED IT.....ALL HEAD WITH HIM.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.