Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Saturday, May 5, 2018

Note From Spanish Victory Lady....



Dear Editors and supporters of IIHIIFII..C,

I was selected to write this note because my english language skills are good.

We are not baseball fans, so much, here in Barcelona, but we do appreciate publicity and recognition. It is all right ( correct? ) that you ( that person Alphonso ) use our images without agent agreement.

Why?

Because you are showing respect and appreciation for the " Ladies of Spain."  I also think you would like the roasted pig we do here at the village square on Saturdays.  That writer of the " big fish story " liked it, and all Americans can join in the fun.

Sorry.  I am tangenting.

Yesterday was made hectic by you.  We all know of Yankees but not so well the rules.  Your team had a lead of 5 goals and nearly lost?  So we had to run around like chickens to get beautiful more than one time.

Can you do better today?  Perhaps score 10 goals and we have but one sitting.

I know the fifth girl you have scheduled to join with us.

She is highly temperamental and likely to throw things if you lose lead again.

What is pitching today?  That little boy?

He reminds me of toreador I once saw in bullfight ( he was Madrilenõs ).  Young face.  Slim and skinny.

Any good?

All love to wonderful talent of New York.  What does upstate New York mean?  Why have you Syracuse?  Are you Greek?

Thank you for new title of Victory Ladies.




8 comments:

Publius said...

And why your sportsman Andujar, is it everyone say his name that way?

Beauregard Jackson Pickett Burnside said...

This cultural appropriation must stop. Don’t you realize we’re only allowed to like white ladies now?

JM said...

A few minutes ago, Suzyn said Sonny Gray has good stuff.

Drink.

Leinstery said...

Has Suzyn contracted John's blindness? He's about 50-50 balls and strikes. But he did get screwed on the the Lindor homerun, he struck him out looking but it was called a ball.


And I know Penelope was apart of the victory quartet last night, but it'd be criminal if you didn't use the shot of her with the cigarette dangling from her mouth. That picture should be the face of spanish victory women

13bit said...

FYI: I am obviously going to keep saying "83 Wins" until the last day of the season.

TheWinWarblist said...

AaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHaaaa-ah-ah-ah-aaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!

Suzyn likes Sonny's stuff.

AaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHaaaa-ah-ah-ah-aaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!

Joe of AZ said...

A bit picky perhaps but
Memo to Booney: Please don't ever under ANY circumstances bat Hicks 3rd that was depressing. And please stop your Binders impersonation by willing Walker to play better by sitting a deserving Austin.. Unless he's hurt... Again

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.