Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Revenge of the Tomato Cans: The "Next Man Up" thing is over

The weird part is that the Arizona crowd (pictured at right) was actually behind us. They went home without hope.

Again, the umps screwed us on instant replay, which is supposed to be hard to do. 

But what's the difference? We made a slop bucket pitcher look like Koufax. 

It was a fun era... the famed "Next Man Up, No-Name Yankees of 2019." 

It ended today. 

Listen, over the long haul, when Mike Tauchman is batting fifth, you're doomed.

When your bottom five batters have a combined 4 home runs, you're doomed.

When your lead-off batter is hitting .220, you're doomed.

When we return home, no more tomato cans. The "next men up" need to be our original cavalry. Let's hope this is the lineup by the weekend. 

LeMahieu 2b
Stanton rf
Voit 1b
Sanchez c
Torres ss
Frazier lf
Ford dh
Ursella 3b
Gardner cf


By then, would it be too much to ask for Hicks in Scranton?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hicks makes zero sense taking this long

Anonymous said...

So somebody clue me in: why the hell WAS Tauchman batting fifth, anyway?? The first couple of times he came up to the plate, I was wondering why he was batting ahead of Urshela - - or, for that matter, Tanaka (just joshing on that, but Tauchman isn't really a much better hitter than most AL pitchers...

By all means, send Hicks to Scranton - - he's probably peaked for 2019, already - - and it's likely downhill from there. LB (No J)

Alphonso said...

Stanton? Stanton!!!

You are sticking three strike-outs and a double play into that line-up.

He won't get a hit for the first full week he plays.

He is a dog.

A big, ineffective dog.

John Keck said...

I'm 61 years old, I contracted hpv in 2011' I has be taking lot treatment for it and embarrassed some months ago the wart stated coming out seriously, I used lot recommendation because there was lot warts around my anus and was so . but today I'm totally happy I got the virus eliminated by using natural treatment from Dr Onokun herbal center after his treatment I got cured. all the warts went away' seriously believed Dr Onokun he have the cure for human papillomavirus because he has eliminated hpv been in my body since 2011, Dr Onokun make it possible for me. Here is Dr Onokun email to reach him: Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com or www.Dronokunherbalcure.wordpress.com he is welled capable of curing terrible diseases.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.