Saturday, May 11, 2019

That Was A Big Yankee Win






Last night, it looked as if we were facing a combinaion of Ryne Duran and the Big Unit, on steroids and before the invention of glasses.  I couldn't watch a lot of the Yankee at bats, out of fear for their lives.

Seriously, that Tampa pitcher should be require to have a license.  He is walking around with a dangerous weapon.  His arm with a baseball in it.

I thought we were largely gifted two runs in the first inning.  No one had scored 2 runs on this dude all season.  He was 6-0 with an ERA of 1.47.  I think.

Anyway, the Yankees were able not only to score early, but they came back from a huge German "blip," when he gave up 2 HRs in one inning, to paint the Yankees into a corner, down 3-2.  But a combination of players, including GIO's clutch single gave us the lead which we never yielded.

We didn't yield it when, with "O" in relief, he loaded the bases with no outs and a 3-2 count on a tough hitter.  How did Tampa not score? 

Poise and defense.

I couldn't believe it when we survived ( physically ) and held on to win.

In my mind, we "stole " a game already.

That pitcher should be banned.

Or made a Yankee.

8 comments:

The Ghost of Yankees Past said...

Nice double play by DJ.

Anonymous said...

STANTON.

CAN WE TRADE HIM?

SEND HIM DOWN ON A NEVER ENDING REHAB?

RELEASE HIM?

MAKE HIM DISAPPEAR?

JM said...

That DP was incredible. Amazing. Jaw-dropping. Pastapaloozy.

Let's see, he hits like crazy, his defense is crazy good...DJ, and Gio, too, should be full-time players. Not even a question.

Leinstery said...

Just get Andujar the surgery, he's of zero value right now.

Anonymous said...

NASTY NESTOR CORTES.

I WARNED YOU.

VIDAL NUNO PART II.

GET HIM THE FUCK OUTTA HERE.

C'MON!

Alphonso said...

Yup.

HoraceClarke66 said...

And the CollBull W/L drops to 12-14, thanks to Jonathan Surrenderer. Though in fairness, it looked like they could have played 16 innings before scoring another run.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.