Friday, May 2, 2008

Carl Pavano Readies Himself for September Run

Many of you think Carl Pavano has been a waste of Yankee dollars. I have even heard the term "slacker " used with reference to him.

Carl may yet turn in this year's best Yankee pitching performance, and I am casting my vote now for Carl as " comeback Yankee of the year."

I got a tip that Carl was no longer re-habbing at the Yankee complex in Tampa, but rather working out "on his own" with a personal trainer, somewhere off the coast of Belize.

Refusing to write an article based upon idle gossip and innuendo, I got in my bus and headed for the coast. Luckily, a group of Chicago business guys had chartered a fishing boat, headed for Belize, and they invited me to tag along.

We caught this photo of Carl using water therapy to strenghen his surgically repaired arm. Those wires, cables and belts look wickedly painful. Carl Pavano a slacker? I think a picture tells a thousand words.

And we're going to need him with Darrell Rasner soon to be our number three starter.

Yes, that is Matt Desalvo on the green giant floater drifting his way into the photo shoot.

1 comment:

michael kei said...

Wow. Pavano looks like he's quite a bit of pain. What a trooper.