Thursday, May 15, 2008

What Rumsfeld Would Say About These Yankees

"You go to Tampa with the team you have, not the team you wish you had."



"There are known bums -- bums that we know are bums -- and there are the unknown bums: We don't know about them, but they are bums. But there are also unknown bum bums -- the bums that we know that turn out to be the bums that we didn't know. And one of them might just be playing firstbase."



"I don't do quagmires. I don't do politics. I don't do bullpens."


"Manager Girardi and I agree on every single issue that has ever been before this pitching staff, and he is complete support of our decision to go with only three starters and two bullpen helpers."



"It is unknowable how long Cano's slump will last. It could last six days. I doubt six weeks."

"Needless to say, Hank Steinbrenner is correct, in whatever it was he said."



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You might be able to buy a bigger boat after this one.

Nice work.

BernBabyBern said...

Is it me, or in that bottom picture, is Rummy growing a second nose under his chin?