Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Whoopteedoo: Phil Hughes looked good in simulated game Monday

The Riveraves say Phil fanned 12 simulations. That's very, very, very impressive.

Congratulations to Phil on a very, very, very, very outstanding simulated game.

I too played a simulated game yesterday. I hesitate to toot my own horn, because it's not my style, but oh, hell, since we're celebrating Phil Hughes' great simulated achievement, I should report mine.

I pitched a two-hitter against a team of simulated Immortals. Frankie Frisch singled off me in the sixth, and Ty Cobb legged out an infield hit in the 9th. I struck out 15 and walked two -- Atilla the Hun and Amelia Earhart -- mostly because it was umpire Joe West behind the plate, and he knows I still blame him for screwing us in 2005 on those pitches by Mike Mussina to the Angels' Steve Finley -- (WHO EVERYBODY KNOWS STRUCK OUT, BUT WEST DIDN'T CALL IT. Next batter hits the fly to Crosby/Sheffield in right-center -- Kaboom --we lose  not only the Divisional Series but, I have no doubt, a World Championship.) Or at least a simulated champsionship.

Anyway, it's exciting to know that Phil Hughes pitched very, very, very -- oh, hell, let's not hold back our simulated praise -- very, very, very well in his big simulation game! Right now, that makes him a leading contender for the 2010 Cy Young Simulated Award.

3 comments:

Joe said...

saw this on three idiots on sports:

http://blog.timesunion.com/tablehopping/14330/where-to-find-red-sox-friendly-bar-in-albany/

read the first answer. F BOSTON.

Kenny Phelps said...

Post of the year! Simulated or not.

Bye Bye Balboni said...

I was so impressed with Young Master Hughes that I made him a Knight Of The Round Table in my simulated kingdom. IIH must now refer to him as Sir Phillip.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go make love -- again -- to my simulated girlfriend, Alyssa Milano. The nutty broad can't get enough of me!