Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Bring Me My Yankee Chariot Of Fire!

 I received this from my old teammate Lyn Lary at the start of today's game, but I was afraid of offending the Gods of juju and waited till now to post:
With apologies to  William Blake

And did Babe’s feet in ancient time
Walk on the Bronx's field so green?
And was the holy Mick of God
On New York's pleasant pastures seen?

And did the Countenance DiMag
Shine forth upon our clouded bullpens there?
And was Jerusalem builded here
Among these dark Satanic Rangers?

Bring me my bat of burning gold!
Bring me my arrows of desire!
Bring me my Bear! O Derek unfold!
Bring me my chariot of fire!

I will not cease from mental fight,
Nor shall my glove sleep in my hand
Till we have built Jerusalem
In the Bronx's green and pleasant land.

No comments: