1. Eric Chavez - took his first unassisted steps today. Though a tad dizzy afterwards, Eric says he can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
2. Pedro Feliciano - has progressed to hot towel applications on his non throwing shoulder. This is purely for precautionary reasons, for within the month Pedro is expected to have warm wraps on his left shoulder as well.
3. Phil Hughes - has soft-tossed an egg from 7 feet. Underhand work with a hacky-sack is only days away.
4. Damasco Marte - this lynchpin to the trade of Tabata, Karstens and 6 first round picks to the Pirates has not been seen on US soil for two years. It is said that he re-injured himself squeezing an over-ripe banana, somewhere in Columbia.
5. Greg Golsten - Greg took three swings with a whiffle bat off the "tee" last week, and is currently awaiting an MRI.
6. Raphael Soriano - After resting for two weeks, Soriano has been moved to the DR for 6-8 weeks of treatment. He daily swirls his throwing hand in warm water for up to 30 seconds at a time. If this regimen proves successful, Sori should be brushing his teeth and walking from flat ground to the rubber twice a day by the all star break.
More to follow as medical reports flow in from the CDC in Atlanta.