Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Does Anyone Know The Story?



I admit that I have not tried very hard.

But one of the big Yankee stories of the year has to be the absence of Ronald Torreyes.

He has been " on leave" of some sort, due to a family issue.  It sounds like something awful has befallen him and his family, though I prefer not to conclude that.  I prefer to remain hopeful.

We all know Torreyes to be a fine utility player, a great teammate, and an inspiration to many.  And yet, he is playing no where.

I have been away a lot, scouting and raising funds for the South Mexican Dirt Field League, where there is no WiFi.  So I have missed a lot.

Surely, John and Suzyn must have shared some information on the TOE by now.

Please share if you know the tale.

Many thanks.

4 comments:

Beauregard Jackson Pickett Burnside said...

John asked Suzyn if she heard anything during last nights game, and she said no.

Carl J. Weitz said...

Alphonso....this is what I've found dated 7/4:

"Torreyes has been away from the club for more than a week to be with his wife, who is dealing with a health issue. "

But I think it has to do with this as well from late January, 2018:

https://www.12up.com/posts/5980622-report-ronald-torreyes-family-dealing-with-death-of-newborn-in-venezuela

HoraceClarke66 said...

That's very sad. We can only wish them well.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.