Sunday, May 24, 2020

Virtual Baseball: Thairo Mania! Tanaka! Scooter Settlement!

"Thairo Mania" swept Yankee Stadium the Third today, as the Yankees swept to their second straight win today, 7-2, over Seattle.

Masahiro Tanaka, the iron man of the Bombers' staff, got the win with seven innings of pain-defying pitching, keeping his elbow ligament in place with the use of paper clips, the sort of huge binder clips you use to put on college papers that are too big to be merely stapled.

But the real story in the Bronx was the way that Thairo Estrada seems to have captured the hearts of Yankees fans with his timely hitting in this injury marred season.  The unexpected enthusiasm has been a boon for local entrepreneur Harman Blennerhassett, who two years ago bought 50,000 Egyptian  "King Tut" pharaoh headdresses in anticipation of Estrada becoming a major star and being called, "Thairo the Pharaoh."

Estrada did not disappoint, hitting a long triple and a home run to deep left-center, as thousands of Yankees fans paraded through the stands in their souvenir headgear, to the tune of The Bangles' "Walk Like An Egyptian."

"I took a huge bath back in 2012, with Linsanity," Blennerhassett told reporters.  "I bought 10,000 souvenir straitjackets with a Knicks logo on 'em, thinking I'd move 'em in no time.  Next thing I know, Lin's in Houston and the National Alliance on Mental Illness is threatenin' to sue me.  If it hadn't been for that totally accidental fire accident in my warehouse, I woulda been wiped out."

Blennerhassett mentioned that he was just about to get in touch with his old warehouse fire accident prevention associate, Frankie Sheeran, when Estrada finally broke through.

"A little dust, a few spider eggs, otherwise they're perfectly good to go," he told reporters.  "That Toast guy on the Yankees bought 10,000 of them right away.  Pretty good, huh?  Walk like a fuckin' Egyptian!  An' yeah, yeah:  I know that ain't how you pronounce, 'Thairo.'"

Meanwhile, the Yankees also announced that they had reached an agreement to acquire the rights to the random ramblings of Phil Rizzuto from "upstate blatherskites Rollo Tomasi and Kaiser Soze, or whatever their names are."

The full terms of the settlement were not disclosed, but it is believed that the Yankees agreed to turn over at least six plastic windshield ice scrapers, eight containers of antifreeze, and four official, maple tree, J.A. Happ sap tappers.




4 comments:

TheWinWarblist said...

Harman Blennerhassett?

Baltherskites?

J A Happ sap tappers?

The genius of your reportage rivals that of the all time greats. (And is way better than that Lupica dickwad.)

JM said...

A little dust, a few spider eggs. Sounds like a good description of what's left of my brain.

13bit said...

I heard that the crew from the snowy regions of upstate New York were also demanding three pineapple pizzas as part of the settlement. It was in Yardbarker the other day.

Isiyku Abdulahi said...


I really want the world to know about this great man who brought back happiness into my life again after my husband left me and the kids 3 years ago for another women online when i contacted Dr Believe he cast a love spell for me within 48 hours my ex husband start calling me and begging for forgiveness for everything that have happened between us. I was so happy to have my family back together with love again here is the email of Dr Believe via believelovespelltemple@gmail.com a man with the great powers you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348156148821
God bless you
I am very grateful for your help in my marriage.