Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Letter to the Editor: "Where is that Yankee spirit?"

Hartford Courant (Connecticut)
November 4, 2011 Friday
Dear Editor:

I'm with Judy Harvey, as most probably are [Nov. 3, letter, "Where Is That Yankee Spirit?"].

I have seen that Yankee spirit all over north central Connecticut. Everywhere I have gone I have only seen people helping each other, and I have not seen the frustration reported in the media.

I waited in line for gas; no one was angry. I waited in line at the local pizza shop running on a generator; no one was angry. At almost every intersection without lights, people treated it as if there were stop signs, even if there weren't.

It would be insane to think this could be cleaned up in less than a week. If the media stopped fanning the flames of frustration, perhaps we would see there is not nearly as much as one would think based on the news.

Sean Riddell, Suffield

No comments: