Kevin Baker's book is here!

Kevin Baker's book is here!
"... an exemplary sports book..." Kirkus Reviews

Friday, April 18, 2008

What do we do?

What do we do about him? All right, I know he's the second youngest player in the majors. I know he's continually working on his stuff. I know he'll probably be an ace in another year or so. But until then?
Maybe he should be back down in AAA working on mechanics. Maybe he doesn't have the complete mentality that a pitcher needs. Maybe he needs a better backstop.

Excuses, excuses, excuses.

I'm pumped about Hughes. I know he will eventually be awesome. But I get frustrated. He pitched a solid 5 innings against the O's. Ironically he couldn't throw his curveball for anything the first time through the order, then started nailing it for first strikes during the second time. But his fastball is his curse and his blessing.

Let's be glad he went 5 innings tonight (contrary to his past starts). Let's be glad that his numbers wouldn't look too bad if the bullpen could have stopped the bleeding. But until then, I'll rip my hair out.


Michael Kei, over and out.

3 comments:

Greg Cohen said...

Be patient, that's all we can do.

Dynasty Is Destiny! said...

Let's not forget how well he pitched last Sept/Oct...

Someone who pitches that well down the stretch-in NY, no less, has got to turn things around...you gotta believe that...

Sean said...

He'll be ok. He actually did good until the 6th inning.