Friday, May 2, 2008

LIVEBLOG: Settle Down. He Probably Won't Play.

TP 7:06: Game over. No Cairo to give the Yankees a challenge. Terrible live-blogging. The last time I did this was the night of the Joba Midge Nightmare. I think it ruined me. Goodnight everybody!!!

***

TP 6:46:
6:46 already? I'd better post something.

***

TP 6:27:
Holy shit! Buhner's Ghost just told me that two-fisted Roy Bernardi, former Syracuse mayor, just became Acting Secretary of HUD! He's in the Cabinet! Champagne and lobster for life!

I have a hangnail, and it hurts.

BG says, "Tying run comes to the plate. Jose Lopez, with his 11-game hitting streak on the line." What is he talking about?

Was The Office any good last night? I'm, like, three weeks behind.

***

TP 6:09:
Have they announced what's wrong with Wang? I guess the Yankee Employee Of The Month Curse is real. What do we do? Besides barring the readers from voting, I mean.

And there's Farnsy. The man who singlehandedly won the historic Yankees-Redsocks rivalry. Mowin down Mariners an lookin like a Playgirl cover. Rrrrar!

***

TP 6:05:
Buhner's Ghost sent another picture. I don't think it belongs on this blog.



TP 5:45:
We're lucky Coach Mac is such an idiot. If he'd inserted Cairo to pinch-run, we never would have gotten that double play, Wang would be bleeding all over the mound, and he wouldn't qualify for his W.

***

TP 5:37:
El Duque comments:

You can tell in John and Susyn's [sic] voices that we are going to win this game.

Take it to the bank.

Susyn [sic] just said she can't remember the last time we scored three runs off Eric [sic] Bedard.

The recession is over.
Seattleites are learning that The Golden Age Of Scoring Three Runs Off Erik Bedard is just beginning.


***

TP 5:23:
Re: previous entry: don't ask me how I know.

***

TP 5:22:
How brave is Adrian Beltre? He plays the hot corner and DOESN'T WEAR A CUP!

***

BG 5:12:
We've seen enough of this shit. The Mariners offense needs pop. The Yankees need starting pitching...bad. We've both got problems at first base, right? Ok, we give you Sexson, Cairo to fill in for A-Rod, and Cha Seung Baek to bolster your decrepit rotation. We'll take Giambi...first base pretenders, straight up. Who will you give us? And fuck you, you're not getting Mel back. He's a Washingtonian, through and through. Him and Scoop Jackson.

TP: yvuiqyvodfcdidu

***

BG 4:49:
I'm polishing my head and taking over while Tom the Bomb fires up outside. Tonight we have a matchup of two teams in deep trouble. And it's too bad, because we get free poutine if Bedard wins. With A-Rod out, wouldn't you like to have Cairo now?

***


TP 4:41:
Buhner's Ghost just told me that Buhner told him that Roger Clemens, in Syracuse for an exhibition game when he was still with the Blue Jays, had a one-night stand with Nancy Larraine Hoffman. Meanwhile, I'm starting to feel the vodka and Red Bull. Men on TV are interacting with a ball. I'm going outside for a cigarette.

***

TP 4:27 PM
: El Duque posts an entry ABOVE OUR LIVEBLOG. Unbelievable. No way I'm letting this happen.

***

TP 4:20 PM:
Buhner's Ghost arrives with a copy of last week's New Times, which has a picture of El Duque. I tell him to leave, but he won't.

MATSUI!!!

Bedard is unraveling. Oh wait. No he isn't.

***

TP 4:13 PM PDT Where's Buhner's Ghost? I have to keep my energy up, so no PBR; vodka and Red Bull all the way. Computer shows a mere hour forty-seven minutes of power remaining. I'm worried. ALSO: I didn't make it to Iron Man. Big surprise. Game is on, Mariners TV feed, no sound. If Suzyn says anything great, please leave it in the comments. Ms down one two three in the first, a familiar sight.





TTB: El Pavo comes home to Yankee Stadium today, so Ms fan Buhner's Ghost and I are liveblogging. He's not here yet, but he sent these pictures. Also this one, of me, from I want to say 2003:



So. Baseball. I think I remember what that is. Since the season started I've gotten bronchitis, lost a good job, gotten two and maybe three better ones, and suffered through no less than two infatuations. Who are these teams again?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about that, bro.

I thought the game started at 8.

Stang said...

No worries brutha

Wailin' Suzyn said...

TOM THE FIRECRACKER!!!

I'm going to dead blog the rest of the game.

Here it goes:

"

Anonymous said...

John was really bummed when Jose Molina struck out. He had just gotten through telling us that Ensberg might be running, because Jose can handle the bat and isn't likely to strike out.

Just goes to show you what a wonderful game the game of baseball is.

Anonymous said...

You can tell in John and Susyn's voices that we are going to win this game.

Take it to the bank.

Susyn just said she can't remember the last time we scored three runs off Eric Bedard.

The recession is over.

Anonymous said...

John: 'A GREAT INNING FOR FARNSWORTH! AND LOOK AT THIS, SUSYN, THEY'RE GIVING HIM A STANDING OVATION!"

michael kei said...

So far, Farnsy looks like May Employee of the Month.

Anonymous said...

Great photo of you Tom.

Where did you buy your bronchitis?

In Mexico, it is about $35 per lid, and I am looking for a cheaper source.

Well, it's really for Edwar. He's a bit depressed.

They are still clobbering his changeup, he can't locate a FB, and Mexico is beckoning.

Thanks, in advance, for your help on this one.