Saturday, May 3, 2008

NEWSFLASH: Pavano is Zito

I found myself calling Carl Pavano to let him know that the Yanks actually won tonight and the Wanger got his AL leading 6th win of the season. He answered, but boy, did it sound rowdy on the other line. And talk about reception. I could only make out three words:

"Call you later."

Sure enough, he just did. We talked about things. Mainly what he would do with his tax rebate. He was looking forward to that. Something about "White Castle" and "tanning salons".

Anyways, after we wished each other a great weekend and hung up, I glanced at the phone number. Area code 415.

415? That's San Francisco!

And then it hit me.
Pavano's not down in Miami. Hell, he's not even with the Yankees.

He's Barry Zito in the SF bullpen.

Well, at least he's pitching off that TJ surgery. Hope he eats lots of clam chowder.

If you don't believe me, check out my shocking photos (and no, uncharacteristically, I did not photoshop these... yet). I mean, is that the same guy, or what?


P.S. Pavano's ambidextrous by the way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We could plot a murder around this.