Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I Admit It. I Cashed in a Chip to Assure Yankee Win

I've received just under 200,000 twitters on how wrong I was about predicting an 0-2 start up in Boston. They are still coming in so, like Alan Greenspan, I will undertake to explain myself to Congress:


1. I hated last year when Boston fans got to gloat for half the year about "dissing us" with an 8-0 start against the Yankees. So I changed the game and predicted a 2-0 start for them. As you all know, when I'm wrong, I'm usually right.

2. I was pretty much right on about AJ; he didn't give up 5 in the first, but he left the game pretty early, with the Yanks in a 4-4 tie. More importantly, according to notarized sports records, AJ only tried his " loopy" new pitch once last night. So much for that myth.

3. I did say Ace or Mitre would do the job and Ace was amazing. Glad he got the win. What is he now, 11-0 with the Yankees?

4. What's with Dave Robertson? The first guy he faces now always gets a hit.

5. Joba has our love interest stirring again and he is back where he belongs. He always belonged there. The yankees never should have moved him to be a pretend starter. Maybe, just maybe, they will survive their horrible error in judgement. Nice work for the kid, in Boston of all places. And a big spot. This might just re-start that electricity of his.

6. I don't like this David Bard character ( is that his name? I was having 4th martini...). In any case, he is the Red Sox reliever who throws 100 and has a nasty curve. Twice we have faced him now, and twice it's been like facing Joba in his rookie season.

7. Marcus looked a little lost out there in LF didn't he? But Grandy had a time with an easy fly ball, too. Must have been a wind devil.

8. Thank you MO, as always.

9. Can we find a way to leave even more guys on base, in scoring position, and not drive them in?

3 comments:

Joe said...

how many did jeter leave on base last night? fuckin-a.

Jim Leyritz's Cellmate said...

I like seeing Bard - he reminds me of Phil Coke. He gives up a high percentage of fly balls and will have to pitch in parks where those fly balls will hurt him.

Joe DePastry said...

And Posada caught or blocked every pitch in the game even though A.J. started it. You just can't predict what's going to happen in baseball.